Selling Anomaly..

Grayskull

So why is it that when bikes are advertised for sale, they exclude pedals but include the saddle?
Surely saddles are WAY more specific than pedals

Edited by Grayskull

Unless the buyer uses the exact same pedals, the seller would then need to sell the cleats as well.

Once my cleats are in position, the only time they ever come off my shoes is when they need to be replaced - no matter how closely you measure the position, one can never seem to find the exact same position. I avoid changing cleats as far as possible.

Saddles are very easy to take off and swap around...

It's easier to sell a bike with a saddle, due to the ability for the potential purchaser to sit and test the bike for sizing.

Also, usually, if you've found a saddle that fits your butt, you would generally swap that saddle out for a different one when selling the bike...

You don't need pedals to check if the size of the bike would be for you or not...

True.

When I sell a bike I generally take off my saddle and sell the bike with one of my "spares" that I didn't get on with.

When I buy a bike I'll generally take off the saddle that's on there and put my chosen saddle on and the one that came off joins my box of spares.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Very hard to test ride a bike without a saddle on :P

Also you can plak your bum on any saddle, there are so many types of pedals.

A better one would be why dont they add some matching bottle cages and a garmin mount?

True.

When I sell a bike I generally take off my saddle and sell the bike with one of my "spares" that I didn't get on with.

When I buy a bike I'll generally take off the saddle that's on there and put my chosen saddle on and the one that came off joins my box of spares.

Looks like everyone keeps a Fizik saddle as a "spare" then!

pedals only fit very specific cleats/shoes.

saddles don't need a specific butt to function.

You try tell specialized marketing department that!! 

So why is it that when bikes are advertised for sale, they exclude pedals but include the saddle?

When I sell a bike, I put the original saddle back on and keep my special saddle. 

Most of the more expensive bikes come without pedals.

pedals are personal 

saddles too even more so i love my old phenom saddle and it moves with me bike to bike

but you do need a saddle more than pedals to sit on the bike and get a feel for it

also a bike without a saddle would look weird on a show room floor 

its also probably easier to fit pedals than a saddle

Ok, lets pretend that it should be common practice to sell a bike WITH pedals.

Which pedals do you think bikes should be sold with?

Very hard to test ride a bike without a saddle on :P

Also you can plak your bum on any saddle, there are so many types of pedals.

A better one would be why dont they add some matching bottle cages and a garmin mount?

As opposed to test riding a bike without pedals?