Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

and they thought he'd go home and get ready for TdF...

no, that was Main Cheese . . . .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The road kicks up and Dumoulin is just trying to keep this race alive but he's not able to draw any time out of Froome. All of a sudden though, he finds two seconds as Froome pours a bidon over him back and arms.

There's a short downhill section for Froome but the road is about to kick up once more. It's uphill all the way to finish with 7.6km to go

Two FDJ and Dumoulin, they've not been able to put even the smallest dent in Froome's lead as he continues to power up the final slopes. The gap has come down just a little though now, to 3'21.

If Froome holds this lead...

How the hell does a team plan a strategy like this!?

And how can one man keep off and build a gap on a 3 man (Carapaz and Lopez did no work) chasing group over 80km!?

Unthinkable!

Edited by Grayskull

Froome is 1.3km ahead of the Dumoulin group as the Dutchman takes a corner too wide but just about keeps it together. He looks tired. 3'24 with 6km to go.

The chase are on the lower slopes of the climb proper and they're all out of the saddle. No one can attack right now as Dumoulin is dropped with 5.8km to go. We said he looked tired but to be dropped this early? Wow.

looooooooooooool

Froome woke up this morning and decided to take a G5 cannon to this knife fight!!!