Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

Unbelievable....Unbelievable..I ask for Froome to go ApeSh%$....so he goes GorillaS#$t!!!

To be honest this is the character of the man..absolute refusal to go down without a fight.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good article..problem is most haters dont really care about the facts..most actually understand very little about cycling.

I have tried my best to stay away from most social media after that win but ended up reading some twitter nonsense..what amazes me most is that thanks to Chris, Salbu has just been upgraded from no proof of any performance enhancing abilities to the strongest drug in the world!!Sales must be going through the roof!!

Feel sorry for Yates..but this race is hard as hell and he is still just 24..attacking like that every chance you get and sustaining it for 3 weeks is not something we will see much of in the new era.

Great that he animated the race like that because if it was not for him Froome would most probably been in a much better place and that ride would not have been required.

Very much like what happened to Cadel in his first Giro..in Pienk all the way till 3 days to go..then boom!

Good article..problem is most haters dont really care about the facts..most actually understand very little about cycling.

I have tried my best to stay away from most social media after that win but ended up reading some twitter nonsense..what amazes me most is that thanks to Chris, Salbu has just been upgraded from no proof of any performance enhancing abilities to the strongest drug in the world!!Sales must be going through the roof!!

Will always be that no matter who wins in the way they win.

More interesting in the article to read sky's game plan for the whole Giro being the last 3 days and that yesterday being the key day to implement the plan with the 2 phases, the bottom of finestre to drop Yates in all the twists and turns and then the final phase to drop Tommy before the top and put time into him on the descent, all of this requiring anyone related to sky to be on the road to feed and fuel Froome and cover for mechanicals considering a lot of the climb was gravel road. And to back their man and for Froome to deliver! A real team day for Sky and impressively calculated and worked out!

Will always be that no matter who wins in the way they win.

More interesting in the article to read sky's game plan for the whole Giro being the last 3 days and that yesterday being the key day to implement the plan with the 2 phases, the bottom of finestre to drop Yates in all the twists and turns and then the final phase to drop Tommy before the top and put time into him on the descent, all of this requiring anyone related to sky to be on the road to feed and fuel Froome and cover for mechanicals considering a lot of the climb was gravel road. And to back their man and for Froome to deliver! A real team day for Sky and impressively calculated and worked out!

Then the big thing is always the chase dynamics..especially with 2days to go..lots of podium infighting..TD has also said he made the mistake to wait on the descend.

Thinking back to that attack by Andy in the tour..the biggest difference was the way Cadel chased..he took responsibility and ended up as a TT between 2 riders. Cadel won that tour because he did not allow the chase dynamics to get to him.Mostly it is a mess when Gc guys have to collaborate.

Then the big thing is always the chase dynamics..especially with 2days to go..lots of podium infighting..TD has also said he made the mistake to wait on the descend.

Thinking back to that attack by Andy in the tour..the biggest difference was the way Cadel chased..he took responsibility and ended up as a TT between 2 riders. Cadel won that tour because he did not allow the chase dynamics to get to him.Mostly it is a mess when Gc guys have to collaborate.

We'll see in the afternoon. Even though TD is questioning his own decision post fact, there was clear reasoning when he made it. The saving from not doing a solo 80km tt could end up making him the stronger man today.

Whatever happens we have a great race to watch.

So many guys have been caught cheating, even in recent years where testing is much more stringent, that there can really be no surprise when questions are asked.

I'll be gutted if yesterday turns out to be anything other than a calculated and prepared for ride that was always planned to coincide with the rest of the field, regardless of who the top 10 were, being worn out & tired.  

I'm happy to believe that the many "day long" training rides Chris spent in and around The Cradle in SA during the off season were all part of the "Third Grand Tour" plan. 

At the Vuelta the other year Team Sky shat the bed and in a single day Chris waved goodbye to any chance of winning the race. Yesterday was the reverse of that.

Let's see what happens today . . .

Please help a Zaffer expat who doesn't have Eurosport on Foxtel. Where can I watch an English stream - does anything like that exist?

And no, I don't mean the Thames.

Please help a Zaffer expat who doesn't have Eurosport on Foxtel. Where can I watch an English stream - does anything like that exist?

I watched the last 30km on here yesterday.

http://cyclingstream.com/

So many guys have been caught cheating, even in recent years where testing is much more stringent, that there can really be no surprise when questions are asked.

I'll be gutted if yesterday turns out to be anything other than a calculated and prepared for ride that was always planned to coincide with the rest of the field, regardless of who the top 10 were, being worn out & tired.  

Let's see what happens today . . .

I echo these sentiments 1000 fold. Am a massive froome fan, he seems to be such genuine & very likeable guy .

Hope he finishes it of today.

http://tvtap.net

This plays relatively well on my Note 4...used to be UKtvnow....

I want to see that ride on strava with power stats  :eek:

i forget who, but on the Cycling News Podcast, one rider was mentioned as riding 300W for 6hrs.... finished 45min back...

Archived