Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

All but gave up on March, annual beer fest in Cape Town beginning of the month and 2 weeks holiday after that and now easter weekend.

Lost about 6kg's this month, but that was what I picked up during the month, real up and down stuff.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been intermittent fasting for six weeks now and today it’s finished, managed to loose 8 kg in the process,

First time I’ve been under 90 kg in a long time, also learnt a great deal about will power and sacrifices.

I will use this technique from now on when I feel I have over indulged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which version of intermittent fasting did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Which version of intermittent fasting did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zero calories on the off days, only water.

Not the suggested 500 calories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by coppi

I am happy I have even lost 1kg this month given all the parties, booze, holidays and long time on sickbay this month. I thought I would gain! Have to double down in April.

What went well
- increased water intake
- longer rides, discipline to exercise was better
- Second MTB race, increased fitness and result
- good energy overall
- tried one meal days and my body handled it quite well

What did not go well
- On holiday for a week, lots of food
- Having no exercise for a week due to illness
- no riding for a week and a half due to weather and bike issues
- forgetting lunch boxes and habing not much healthy food options

Great to see and be inspired by everyone's posts!

Hi all, howzit going. Happy camper here, managed to drop a small bit. Was 92.9kg this morning, so finally broke.the 95kg ghost. Happy and Blessed Easter and have a great April.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

With my highest km in a month since  i starting training ( 775 for March )  i only manged a 1 kg loss . I have become fitter and stronger as i can now average 30kph on my 28.5 km circuit around the airport  so i am quite happy that 1kg loss has resulted in a 3kph gain on my time trial ride as a gauge . 

post-111826-0-91576500-1522566660_thumb.jpg

post-111826-0-19080400-1522567015_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8

Nice reduction for me. Not sure how April is going to work out, my Dad passed away on Thursday and have the funeral coming up this week. So no excercise and not sure how the eating is going to go.

Anyway let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dropped less than 1kg in a month... though I would have ordered my new bike by now :(

Too little training - work, weekend holidays etc. And 12 Easter hot cross buns... my weakness... This need to change.

Sort of happy that were able to keep it ~ constant even with the holidays/social/beer etc though. Body is used to eat less now.

Edited by Zatopek

Nice reduction for me. Not sure how April is going to work out, my Dad passed away on Thursday and have the funeral coming up this week. So no excercise and not sure how the eating is going to go.

Anyway let's see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss...

Does the weight loss challenge allow you to use thermogenics such as l-carnitine? During eating periods such as easter Christmas, lower excercise periods in winter etc this stuff can help you keep the balance quite nicely. It's a natural protein (ie doesn't have any caffeine) found in your body which significantly improves your body's ability to metabolize fat.

They are all pretty much the same, dis chem sells it for around R230 a bottle (USN, Bio-Gen etc). For those intermittent fasting, especially the 16 and 8 approach, take a table spoon before you sleep and another after coffee in the morning.

I have so far lost 7kg's by only cutting cutting out food with Gluten in normal daily menu - same amount of training and eating as normal, in fact lost most of my kg's while having a massive cold and not riding at all.

Must say I do miss a lekka beer after a Hard ride but all worth it!!

Camel meat and fat from the hump. Pretty tasty but makes me scared to get on the scale.

post-25481-0-43678900-1522670815_thumb.jpeg

Hi all, howzit going. Happy camper here, managed to drop a small bit. Was 92.9kg this morning, so finally broke.the 95kg ghost. Happy and Blessed Easter and have a great April.

What was the secret to breaking 95kg?

What was the secret to breaking 95kg?

I have no idea hey. Was struggling even though I was training well and eating well. Not following a diet, just trying to to limit the refined carbs and sugars. One thing that I did cut out for 2 weeks was having a couple of drinks. I think that really helped.