Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

what can't be used as leftovers? Everything can be eaten the next day or the next if you're not fussy. Cut up that steak into thin slices an use in a salad.

I went to Woolies yesterday and bought a few bags of lettuce, a cucumber and some tomatoes.

Being pro-active I threw it all straight in the bin rather than wait for two weeks until it all went soggy in the fridge as I usually do.....

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Woolies yesterday and bought a few bags of lettuce, a cucumber and some tomatoes.

Being pro-active I threw it all straight in the bin rather than wait for two weeks until it all went soggy in the fridge as I usually do.....

LOL, if you said Spar or Pick n Pay I would have believed you.  It usually happens once a week at our home that I clear the fridge of all the spoilt things.

LOL, if you said Spar or Pick n Pay I would have believed you.  It usually happens once a week at our home that I clear the fridge of all the spoilt things.

Buy only what you're going to eat. 

So from this morning it seems official that in the last 7 months I have gained 7kg's.

For me it is a HUGE deal and I am really starting to feel the 'quick' weight gain, manly when I sit because most of the weight is in my top half (for the 1st time in my life I'm top heavy) so my bum and tailbone area goes numb. My wrists even is feeling the 'beating' as I push myself up from everything with my hands.

Everyday when we go walk, or when we do other activities like sailing or even just getting into the car I think how this 'sudden' weight gain compares to the 'normal letting yourself go'/weight gain over a longer time period where your body gets the time to adapt to that 1 or 2 kg's at a time.

I think most of it now the last week or two is fluid retention though (no not an excuse), swelling is getting real for the 1st time in the 7 months and I found this 'interesting study'...

https://legionathletics.com/water-retention/

At least in 2 months time I will loose most of it within a couple of hours :D

Day 2 is finished but it is torture. Walking past the fridge last night I had to fight not grabbing the apricot jam and a nice slice of bread.

Day 2 is finished but it is torture. Walking past the fridge last night I had to fight not grabbing the apricot jam and a nice slice of bread.

Hang in there first 3 days is the toughest, gets easier after 7 days. Make it easier on your self. Clear your fridge and cupboards of all unwanted unhealthy stuff. In 14 days time you will start noticing the differences in your clothes. After 21 days you will have engrained your new healthier habits. In 60 days it will be a lifestyle change for good. I have been addicted to bread, and I can honestly say I don't miss it any more.

Day 2 and 3 was hard. Had a tiny slice of carrot cake at work yesterday but no coke no chocolate and no bread so far which are my biggest worries.

Can't believe I am so addicted to sugar.

Thanks for the moral support!

Edited by Johan_Kleynhans

Day 2 and 3 was hard. Had a tiny slice of carrot cake at work yesterday but no coke no chocolate and no bread so far which are my biggest worries.

Can't believe I am so addicted to sugar.

Thanks for the moral support!

Sugar.. the Most addictive substance Know to man..

Just beware relapse can and do happen, so just keep on top of it,

sugar is also in just about every mass produced food, its actually scary how many foods have sugar in them, from the not so obvious like smoked bacon, to the more fairly well know breads.

and some of the worst are the supposed health snacks. 

also, don't fall into the trap of thinking things like honey are any better. Sugar is sugar. Regardless of the source. 

Apples, oranges, etc. Good thing about the fruit, is that it has fibre to offset the metabolisation of the sugar. 

I've always seen the sugar in fruits to be good sugar, just like the fat in an Avocado is good fat. Saying that, from hardly any cheat meals in January, February and March, I'm now making it a point to have a cheat meal once a week, and every now and then I'll add some sugar to my oats in the morning - need to get out of that habit.

I’m back on the slender wonder programme. Down to 91.3 kg today. Also making nice progress in the gym. Keep up the hard work guys!

I've always seen the sugar in fruits to be good sugar, just like the fat in an Avocado is good fat. Saying that, from hardly any cheat meals in January, February and March, I'm now making it a point to have a cheat meal once a week, and every now and then I'll add some sugar to my oats in the morning - need to get out of that habit.

Whether they are good or bad, they still contain calories, so smart choices have to be made....

also, don't fall into the trap of thinking things like honey are any better. Sugar is sugar. Regardless of the source. 

Apples, oranges, etc. Good thing about the fruit, is that it has fibre to offset the metabolisation of the sugar. 

Sugar is the enemy, and your body's insulin response is the traitor within.

I found sugar very difficult to kick, and it was only once I got the insulin behavior figured out that it started to work for me.

I discovered that my craving for sugar was crazy after eating meals (especially dinner). The thing that worked for me was to crush the insulin response by not eating at all until midday EVERY DAY, and then in moderation. It took a couple of weeks, but eventually the need for sugary snacks throughout the day and after meals stopped.

And the benefits have been good. It's not just the weight, it's the freedom from lethargy, fogginess and most important for me, no more joint pain and inflammation.

There have been lapses, but momentary. Like a small piece of birthday cake (delicious, incredibly sweet, and a headache like you wouldn't believe ten minutes later).

Agreed. As much as I loved beer and red wine I find that I can resist it with very little effort. Sugar that is another story.

I feel chuffed. Went through a pressure week without any coke, bar one and bread. Must be the first 5 days in 30 years where I did not have any or all of them.

I find that I wake up very tired but it probably is because of the reduced sugar. Otherwise I am geting ill.

5 days down16 to go!!!

I'm 48 and 16 kg's over weight.

POA is to cut out sugar and bread, exercise more. 

At the moment only seem to be doing exercise on the weekend and not really that much  :eek:

I'm starting today (no time like the present) I know it's a little on the bonkers side to start a "diet" (aka lifestyle change) on a Saturday but the Monday thing never works out.

This is it folks I'm tired of being a cute  :blush: baby hippo.