Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2018

BigDL

do you guys eat free range organic eggs, or just sommer the cheapest eggs you "lay" your hands on ? :)

Currently just battery eggs (Humpty Dumpty) but will be changing to FR eggs again. I just prefer the taste, for some reason.

Organic is a marketing ploy.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you guys eat free range organic eggs, or just sommer the cheapest eggs you "lay" your hands on ? :)

Free range

Those are free range medium boiled butt nuggets we had with dinner last night.

528142775b94b63d0a6ddba59779b9d2.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Good progress so far this year. Entering for the half 36One was one of the best decisions I have made. I am not trying to lost weight for the race, but it gives me a good time within which to reach some goals, and scares me enough to stay away from eating badly, and more importantly keeps me on the bike and training.

Currently clocking around 200km per week (10hours over 5 days), 150 of which is on the mtb, and 50 on the trainer. I am tired - haven't cycled this much in a long time, but I can feel my fitness picking up even though muscles are fatigued. Eating right is also helping alot, I am 4kg down so far - but still have about 18kg to go. Luckily I have been motivated, and strangely for me not struggling too much to stick to the diet - with the exception of 2 or 3 planned cheat meals this year so far.

The only thing I am sceptical about is my back holding out. Area around L5/S1 disc feels tender, and I am being careful for it not to slip again - doing lots of core workouts and stretching, as well as weekly scheduled trip to the physio. The only downside of being so careful about my back and compensating a bit, is that my neck and upper back muscles get very stiff - but that's why the physio is there. I have a feeling if I lose another 18kg my back issues will sort itself out.

Feels good to be on the way to fitness and good shape again - the last 3/4 years of being fat has not been fun at all!

You are winning here. Setting yourself a hard goal and a must do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-fit-otherwise-you'll-die event.

Best way to get into shape is to enter an event that will kill you slowly if you don't train for it.

Free range

Those are free range medium boiled butt nuggets we had with dinner last night.

528142775b94b63d0a6ddba59779b9d2.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic! I'd just lose the carrots (even though they taste lekker)

Looks fantastic! I'd just lose the carrots (even though they taste lekker)

Ag, it was a frozen pack of mixed veg that I wanted to use up, so I steamed them, lol. I didn't think about taking the carrots out :P

Good progress so far this year. Entering for the half 36One was one of the best decisions I have made. I am not trying to lost weight for the race, but it gives me a good time within which to reach some goals, and scares me enough to stay away from eating badly, and more importantly keeps me on the bike and training.

Currently clocking around 200km per week (10hours over 5 days), 150 of which is on the mtb, and 50 on the trainer. I am tired - haven't cycled this much in a long time, but I can feel my fitness picking up even though muscles are fatigued. Eating right is also helping alot, I am 4kg down so far - but still have about 18kg to go. Luckily I have been motivated, and strangely for me not struggling too much to stick to the diet - with the exception of 2 or 3 planned cheat meals this year so far.

The only thing I am sceptical about is my back holding out. Area around L5/S1 disc feels tender, and I am being careful for it not to slip again - doing lots of core workouts and stretching, as well as weekly scheduled trip to the physio. The only downside of being so careful about my back and compensating a bit, is that my neck and upper back muscles get very stiff - but that's why the physio is there. I have a feeling if I lose another 18kg my back issues will sort itself out.

Feels good to be on the way to fitness and good shape again - the last 3/4 years of being fat has not been fun at all!

Have you ever tried a chiropractor for your back. I had issues with my pelvis. 2 visits and it was sorted. Now only doing stretches to help the lower back.

Have you ever tried a chiropractor for your back. I had issues with my pelvis. 2 visits and it was sorted. Now only doing stretches to help the lower back.

I have tried a chiropractor with allot of success actually - but always temporary relief. I use both a chiro and physio. My wife (a doctor), recons although it all helps, it is not going to solve the core issue, which is that the disc cannot fully regenerate and heal with so much excess weight. So, I think once the weight is off it will just relieve that pressure which is constantly on my back and get a chance to heal properly and make what the physio and chiro are doing permanent instead of a week or two fix.

It may sound terrible, but my back is not that bad in reality - it was very bad for the year after the disc was slipped (and once or twice thereafter when I hurt it again), but with with enough stretching and care I cope with it okay day to day. It's just that I am always aware of it and it causes the niggly and irritating pain most of the time - for example enough pain for me not to ride the hardtail and rather opt for the dual suspension bike - but not enough to immobilise me.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I have tried a chiropractor with allot of success actually - but always temporary relief. I use both a chiro and physio. My wife (a doctor), recons although it all helps, it is not going to solve the core issue, which is that the disc cannot fully regenerate and heal with so much excess weight. So, I think once the weight is off it will just relieve that pressure which is constantly on my back and get a chance to heal properly and make what the physio and chiro are doing permanent instead of a week or two fix.

It may sound terrible, but my back is not that bad in reality - it was very bad for the year after the disc was slipped (and once or twice thereafter when I hurt it again), but with with enough stretching and care I cope with it okay day to day. It's just that I am always aware of it and it causes the niggly and irritating pain most of the time - for example enough pain for me not to ride the hardtail and rather opt for the dual suspension bike - but not enough to immobilise me.

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place a few days ago, where I thought of selling my road bike to get a mountain bike again, as I find even a hard tail mtb is more comfortable to ride on the road than a road bike. I was also thinking of, with the money I might from the road bike, save a bit and get a second hand dual suspension for extra comfort, but if I get a mountain bike, whether hard tail or dual sus, I will be too tempted to enter mtb events again, and I wouldn't want to take a chance with my back.

Should hopefully have mtb riser bars fitted to the road bike by the end of the week, or early next week at the latest.

you do know you burn more calories sleeping...so getting up at 4 am to go for a ride and missing out on that extra 2 hours sleep could be depriving you of a thinner waist line ...just saying :)

so who is sleeping in tomorrow?

Incredible - well done. That is some mileage

Free range organic (my daughter insists) when we have to buy them, but luckily I have mates with farms/smallholdings, so normally get eggs from chickens that run around gardens and yards for free. They seem to taste good.

you do know you burn more calories sleeping...so getting up at 4 am to go for a ride and missing out on that extra 2 hours sleep could be depriving you of a thinner waist line ...just saying :)

The Isetech Diet - Cinnabons and Sleeping in  :thumbup: 

You better trademark it quickly before someone else steals the idea...

No. You really don't.

No. You really don't.

You are talking to a man that eats Cinnabons for weight loss... the regular joe rules do not apply to him  ;)

Ja and Jacob Zuma is going to appologise to us all and pay back the money.