Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

No commute today for me, the roads here look more like rivers. So much freaking rain. More rain scheduled for tomorrow. I hate driving to work and this morning confirmed that. Motorists are a bunch of idiots, Not enough space on the road for me and them.  

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No commute today for me, the roads here look more like rivers. So much freaking rain. More rain scheduled for tomorrow. I hate driving to work and this morning confirmed that. Motorists are a bunch of idiots, Not enough space on the road for me and them.  

It was like a river, but would rather ride than sit in traffic this afternoon.

It was like a river, but would rather ride than sit in traffic this afternoon.

You are braver than me. I also just don't enjoy the PT of drying shoes and cleaning bike after this kind of soaking. If its dry in the morning I will always ride and if I get wet on the way home then so be it but getting to work wet, I don't like. Putting wet kit on 8 hours later is not for me. But kudos for riding today :thumbup: .

EDIT: I have a rental unit in malakite/greenstone and I got a message saying greenstone has no water at the moment. Hope its back on by the time you get home.

In getting ready for my early morning Cpt commutes before sunrise, I at last managed to sort out my lights .... Crc had a special on their dynamo light and starbike had a good price on their 15mm SP dynamo .... .. so sorted for winter now ..

With a 2 hour plus commute daily keeping the batteries charged will hopefully be a past issue now.

Nice setup dude, love those lights!

Safe commuting.  :thumbup:

You are braver than me. I also just don't enjoy the PT of drying shoes and cleaning bike after this kind of soaking. If its dry in the morning I will always ride and if I get wet on the way home then so be it but getting to work wet, I don't like. Putting wet kit on 8 hours later is not for me. But kudos for riding today :thumbup: .

EDIT: I have a rental unit in malakite/greenstone and I got a message saying greenstone has no water at the moment. Hope its back on by the time you get home

Thanks for the heads up, it is beyond a joke there at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up, it is beyond a joke there at the moment.

How was the ride home? I see they delayed their repair and switched the water back on. Will wait till the rain is gone before fixing the leak. I believe its a leak on greenstone drive outside acacia.

LOVE THE BIKE!

Nice setup dude, love those lights!

Safe commuting.  :thumbup:

Thank you .... at some point I'll get a paint job,..... for the frame and fork to match too     ;) 

Love commuting on it. It rides like a dream on the 700x40c rubber.

How was the ride home? I see they delayed their repair and switched the water back on. Will wait till the rain is gone before fixing the leak. I believe its a leak on greenstone drive outside acacia.

Very wet but good, decided to drive this morning which was a good choice just way too much water on the roads.  I see the water is still running on Greenstone Drive, I think the pipes are dodgy quality and no regulation of the pressure so far this month I have replaced 3 mixer units and a geyser element.

I so underestimated the temperatures this morning.  Yesterday was a beaut of a spring day here.  This morning I notice the temps on the balcony to be 5 and I though hey that looks pretty warm.  When I took the dogs out I noticed it is still a tad cool so did get dressed in normal winter kit but did not put on that extra latex gloves under gloves.  Biiiiig mistake.  End up riding in -2 and my hands felt like they were dying.

I so underestimated the temperatures this morning.  Yesterday was a beaut of a spring day here.  This morning I notice the temps on the balcony to be 5 and I though hey that looks pretty warm.  When I took the dogs out I noticed it is still a tad cool so did get dressed in normal winter kit but did not put on that extra latex gloves under gloves.  Biiiiig mistake.  End up riding in -2 and my hands felt like they were dying.

I know what you mean ... we had 11 deg on some parts this morning in CT! :P

post-5403-0-77193100-1522050620_thumb.jpeg

post-5403-0-80813600-1522050628_thumb.jpeg

(*Insert Cape coloured accent here*)  ... "Gaan k@k jy man"  ^_^

11 Degrees means nothing.  Took these pics yesterday in a lovely 12 Degrees of a dam just 50 km south from us.

post-71-0-30017200-1522051817_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-88401600-1522051822_thumb.jpg

Will start cycling there soon but the cycle paths are still cover with about 50 cm of ice.  Will take a couple of days before that is sorted.

There definitely was a nice little nip in the air this morning. This morning was the first time I wore my full finger gloves. 

Been wearing the thermal vest and arm warmers since about 2 weeks ago.

Looks like I'll need to get out the leg warmers and windbreaker sooner rather than later... 

There definitely was a nice little nip in the air this morning. This morning was the first time I wore my full finger gloves. 

Been wearing the thermal vest and arm warmers since about 2 weeks ago.

Looks like I'll need to get out the leg warmers and windbreaker sooner rather than later... 

they make you roadies soft these days :P

they make you roadies soft these days :P

hahaha, although you have to consider that the cold bites much more when averaging 30km/h as apposed to 15km/h  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

SilverRider, where are you? Your stats haven't moved for a while now - hope all ok?

Archived