Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

No LBS near by to do it for you during lunch?

Yes I do but my pre bought part are at home, left the chain on the roadside (which was a bad decision because cant match the size now and littering :blush: )  But maybe a scrap metal collector can get a 1\4 black label from it.

what time was this .... I find there are just a couple of bus riders that have a sense of entitlement and snub a cyclist on the bus....but I like it when they voice their opinions and you get to point out the sticker showing that bikes are allowed :P. Where in town are you?   20-25km .... or rather at a pace where one can talk and make jokes

6:05 on the small uphill nexto the Lagoon beach bus stop.

Roggebaai square in foreshore.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I do but my pre bought part are at home, left the chain on the roadside (which was a bad decision because cant match the size now and littering :blush: )  But maybe a scrap metal collector can get a 1\4 black label from it.

6:05 on the small uphill nexto the Lagoon beach bus stop.

Roggebaai square in foreshore.

Awesome ... so I can find a spare chain laying about there :P

Your closest LBS is Giant Concept Store ... but then again you are maybe better off doing your own repairs, late at night, after drinking a 6 pack of beer and working in the dark.

Super misty this morning, even when I commuted 08:30.

Opted for dual lights front - 1000 lumen & 250 lumen, making sure I am seen.

Be safe out there and ABS.

Glossary

ABS: Always Be Seen

Super misty this morning, even when I commuted 08:30.

Opted for dual lights front - 1000 lumen & 250 lumen, making sure I am seen.

Be safe out there and ABS.

Glossary

ABS: Always Be Seen

Also got caught off guard with Fog.  We have had daily thunderstorms here so the humidity is actually making me sweat like crazy.  My kit was so wet when I got to work that it could just as well have rained.

We had 'heat spots' on Wednesday. I do a weekly coffee ride with one of my riding buddies before work. We ride to Stellenbosch for coffee and back. I checked the weather for my town and it was a chilly 11 degrees, so I wore a jersey with leg warmers. 

Going up Polka Drive. the temperature was quite warm between the trees. So warm, I started sweating. Few kilometres on and its super cold again. The temperature was fluctuating the whole time.

Yo Yo...was back on the bike this morning again.

Friday I worked from home in order to leave early and spend the weekend here!

With the cold weather I spent most of the weekend in the wood fired hot tub .... won't post those pics here :P

post-5403-0-63775500-1528712954_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-80881100-1528712972_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-03659100-1528712981_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-17807700-1528712993_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-14943100-1528713006_thumb.jpg

So all the Cape Town commuters, who braved the weather today??

I made it to work just before the rain started coming down. Will see how the weather unfolds during the course of the day and whether i drive home or cycle. 

Be safe out there. 

Was about to ask the same thing. I opted for the car. Would have probably just beaten the rain. This afternoon will be another story though...

I made it to work just before the rain started coming down. Will see how the weather unfolds during the course of the day and whether i drive home or cycle. 

Be safe out there. 

Congrats on hitting 4k Samson! You're a machine!  :P

Be safe out there. 

got my usual Thursday morning lift into town ... but have a full on head wind to contend with this evening .... plug in some music and enjoy the ride I say!

Really got a good soaking on the 12th on my way home.  Then had a few days leave again.  This week should be a full week commuting again.  Next week a days leave but then again a week leave.  There after leave season should be over for me  ... I think :)

Winter solstice!

Tomorrow the sun returns to the southern hemisphere  :clap:  :w00t: :clap:

and this is also usually when CT gets cold and wet :)

Archived