Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Won't lie, the cycle home yesterday afternoon was not pleasant.

Pissing rain and head wind all the way. And i was cold. 

But managed to get home safely and this morning wasn't so bad, just some drizzle.

But apparently going to continue to rain this week in the Cape so should be interesting to say the least.

Bats, you better stop commuting beginning of November to give us a chance. I did a few sums and it is going to be tough to beat you if you commute beyond beginning of November.  :whistling:

I must say I certainly did not feel the wind while sitting in the bus yesterday :P

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had four seasons in one on my way back home.

Opted for my 40km loop back home.

To be honest, it was not that bad - luckily it was not freezing cold.

I also hit the 1000km mark.  :clap:

This morning was easily the coldest ride this year. Couldn't find my tights, so rode in shorts ... but the coldest part was the bit of skin sticking out between the wind jacket and the gloves. And my toes!

Congrats Samson on your 6000  :clap:

Imploder is on track to get to 5000 this week.

Anyone know the whereabouts of MZ Adams? He hasn't uploaded in a long time.

I am officially out of the race for the cookies .... work is getting rough, uploading is not always successful and sitting with a bit of flu thingiemabob.

Unless no. 1 & 2 decide to go on another long holiday :P

We have absolutely stunning weather at the moment in Germany.  But the mornings are fresh.  I am still recovering from a cold/allergy so decided to stay off the bike yesterday in what was otherwise ultimate cycling weather here in Bavaria.  Decided to rather walk the dogs at a spot about 5 km (as the crow would fly) from us.  Was back on the bike this morning and realised how good the rest over the weekend was for the body.  Still only had 5 degrees this morning but it was actually nice.  Temps going up to 27 this afternoon.  

Some pics of our walk yesterday ...

post-71-0-71519100-1536566021_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-12112600-1536566035_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-24030100-1536566053_thumb.jpg

This morning was easily the coldest ride this year. Couldn't find my tights, so rode in shorts ... but the coldest part was the bit of skin sticking out between the wind jacket and the gloves. And my toes!

Congrats Samson on your 6000  :clap:

Imploder is on track to get to 5000 this week.

Anyone know the whereabouts of MZ Adams? He hasn't uploaded in a long time.

LOL! As you posted this he logged some miles!

So 117 days to go.  Still lots of commuting to do :)   Weatherman on Sunday said that predictions are that this September will be hot (in German terms).  Let the KM's roll.

Cycled in again this Saturday.

I felt better than last time even though the times are not much different.

But check this route profile, now add in some cross wind and for untrained legs and lungs it hurts.

dc22194f8746507108e7517df0e66b12.png

ouch .... I think the Tableview guys cycling back home from town this afternoon is going to have a fun time too  ;)  ... the wind is pumping, and it's not the South-easter  :o  

Nice fresh start to the morning, apparently I don't have a working front brake and I still need to replace my rear Tyre. 462c2fec5f3a0c185425984eb55f4250.jpg

I suppose that was that wrt to summer 2018.  Was a very good summer.

post-71-0-14703700-1537855128_thumb.jpg

The moon this morning was beautifull though.

post-71-0-66096400-1537855133_thumb.jpg

I suppose that was that wrt to summer 2018.  Was a very good summer.

attachicon.gifAutumn10.jpg

The moon this morning was beautifull though.

attachicon.gifAutumn11.jpg

Beautiful moon rise. And nice minimum temp. 

Now time for the South Africans to start catching you, Bats!!  :whistling:

Been broken with a bloody viral thing for more than a week and reckon at best I will be back on the bike next week and Monday.

Been broken with a bloody viral thing for more than a week and reckon at best I will be back on the bike next week and Monday.

That sucks to hear Hairy.

Get better soon and we look forward to seeing your stats climb. 

That sucks to hear Hairy.

Get better soon and we look forward to seeing your stats climb. 

hopefully climbing stats will improve on the MTB .... down 6kg's in a week ... just have to keep it off now :P

Archived