Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Can one of you SA okes try and close the gap please?

I'm just wondering about the logistics of getting the 'edible trophy' to Germany  :whistling:

Nancy, I am already on target to beat my previous commuting distance from last year and that is with less days of commuting as I took vacation in July. :)

But we continue to try and close the gap. 

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got drenched this morning. My bike got a decent wash and lube yesterday, now it needs to be done again. My kit is drenched. My versus socks are filthy. My car is still at the panel beater. Should I have made another plan to get to work? NAH IT WAS AWESOME. A k@k commute is still better than a dry drive to work.

Well snowing this morning.  So not commuting today.  And Friday I will not be commuting.  Will be getting a visit from a friend from Australia.  Although a tad cool, the rest of the week is looking good.

Got drenched this morning. My bike got a decent wash and lube yesterday, now it needs to be done again. My kit is drenched. My versus socks are filthy. My car is still at the panel beater. Should I have made another plan to get to work? NAH IT WAS AWESOME. A k@k commute is still better than a dry drive to work.

What bike you riding on? Any chance you can put fenders on? They make a huge difference.

What bike you riding on? Any chance you can put fenders on? They make a huge difference.

A mtb most of the time(Usually an old 26" GT that is kitted out to commute but it's busy with a bit of a overhaul so been riding my 29er). They might make a difference but i'll pass thanks. IMHO they look k@k. Remember, I am a roadie and aero is everything. I am one of those guys that doesn't do saddle bags or camelbaks etc. I do wear baggies on commutes sometimes though because they still cool. :whistling:  :thumbup:

So how did the Joburg commuters do in 947?

Our group VC was FAST so finished in 2.23 but finish was chaotic - 15th in VC.

Very happy with that given my bad crash 8 months ago - had a GOOD recovery thanks to my commuting fitness!

I left after the Joburg rain but forecast for later not looking good!

Very happy with that given my bad crash 8 months ago - had a GOOD recovery thanks to my commuting fitness!

Just seen a tweet with a warning of severe thunderstorms from 15h00. I leave work at 15h15.........

Well done on a brilliant 947.

Saw you had such a good time on the 94,7.  Congrats.  I have been wondering lately what my form would have been if I did a 94,7 now with the amount of cycling I have been doing this year.

I think it is safe to say that winter has arrived.  Was not as cold as I was expecting though.  Only -3 this morning.  My new gloves are doing their job very well.

post-71-0-86872900-1542698770_thumb.jpg

I see that the commuting challenge ends on 2 in the morning of 31 December. Any chance that it can be extended to some time that evening?

post-1066-0-82394200-1542789412_thumb.jpg

I see that the commuting challenge ends on 2 in the morning of 31 December. Any chance that it can be extended to some time that evening?

Your wish is my command.

post-11356-0-56014200-1542790366_thumb.jpg

Your wish is my command.

Thank you Imploder :)

76 677 kms so far. Maybe we could get to 80 000 - there's still a few weeks left. 

Last year we recorded 63 340 kms, and in 2016 'only'  19 645.

Thank you Imploder :)

76 677 kms so far. Maybe we could get to 80 000 - there's still a few weeks left. 

Last year we recorded 63 340 kms, and in 2016 'only'  19 645.

If the top 10 can manage to get another 333km each from now to the end of the year we should hit the 80k mark.  That should not be a problem for us :)

I should be good for another 550 - 600km to the end of the working year!

If the top 10 can manage to get another 333km each from now to the end of the year we should hit the 80k mark.  That should not be a problem for us :)

Archived