Flat pedals

Anine

Not going to start a new thread, so wil carry on with this one. 

Does anyone know where I can source composite flats locally that actually have stock? I live in the Pretoria East area, but I am struggling my butt off to get (any flats).

Not too keen on going the importing route, but will if I really have to

Pretty sure I saw a pair at Trailwolf yesterday, may have been the alloys so don't shoot me if they aren't the composites........

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, only my second post now but part of the reason i joined. Flat Pedals.....

I used to have the Giant flats with narly spikes on my previous silverback sola 2. Not one day of foot pain, numbness etc... Got my new bike last week, Super Speed 2, decided on race face chester's due to all the great reviews - they make my feet numb  :(  especially towards the sides. I increased and decreased spike heights, same thing. I have a feeling it is because:

The giants had a larger platform area

Are slightly concave

Could this be? Pitty as the chester's are really thin and light, might just have to go back to Giants or go for something else...

Side note, still wearing the same 5 10 shoes as before, nothing else changed.    

Yeah, possibly. There's a really good special at the moment with Trailtech. One pedals for 499, but only in Orange. I've seen them, held them and drooled over them, and they're a great option with a large platform. Well worth it.

I have got a pair of the One Up composites, fantastic pedals. Really durable and tough, multiple pedal strikes and wipes later and they are still going rock solid! At that price I am toying with the idea of getting a pair and just keeping them as a spare set! 

Yeah, possibly. There's a really good special at the moment with Trailtech. One pedals for 499, but only in Orange. I've seen them, held them and drooled over them, and they're a great option with a large platform. Well worth it.

• 3 months later...

So want to get my own pair of pedals, been bumming Otero's Saints for too long.

Don't want to spend a arm and a leg on this, but my options are down to

Crankbrothers Stamp 2 - R1200 at BuyCycle

OneUp Comps - I see the orange ones are on sale for R599, other are R999

Kore Rivera - R1000 at DirtMerchant

Seems like OneUp's are the way to go? I wear a size 11, and the bigger the platform the better I guess.

And then there are these ones in the classifieds?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/363005-kore-black-flat-pedals/

Edited by Jako De Wet

Go for the One Ups. Excellent pedal, and the orange is lekka in person. Plus it lets you buy something else, too... :P

but then I will be forced to start saving for a Fox Float 36 with orange decals....

The Hanger has the crank bros comp flats for just under 800bucks I think... Anyways I like how big the platform is, I think it's slightly bigger than the oneups

And grip wise? I would prefer which ever has more grip

FWIW. I have a set of Stamps. Very nice pedal. Big platform, loads of grip.

I had a MASSIVE rock strike with the right one. it bent the crank arm (and me) but the pedal axle is still straight(ish). There is a small bend and crack in the pedal but it's fine.

Get the raw ones. The painted ones will slowly make their way back to raw anyway.

As far as grip goes my foot moves around less on the pedal than the straitlines I have on my other bike.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I just got some Kore pedals (not sure what model) for sub R700 and they have screw though pins, are pretty wide / thin and grip very nicely. They have sealed barings so not sure what the longevity is going to be like but been impressed so far.