Return of the Kremetart?

TriBiker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got a route profile for this event? And breakdown per stage?

Is it correct that the event starts at the high school in LT?

Anyone got a route profile for this event? And breakdown per stage?

Is it correct that the event starts at the high school in LT?

It will be the same as all the years before.  There is just one Kremetart.

Many MANY moons ago it was called the Venda Sun and you did a loop East of LT.  But for the past 15 odd years it has remained the same route.

It will be the same as all the years before. There is just one Kremetart.

Many MANY moons ago it was called the Venda Sun and you did a loop East of LT. But for the past 15 odd years it has remained the same route.

That's what I thought and therefore did a strava search which did not yield any meaningful results.

It is my first attempt at this event so I have no history with prior ones. Hence my question.

The jock has a route and elevation breakdown per stage and this is what I am looking for with this event.

That's what I thought and therefore did a strava search which did not yield any meaningful results.

It is my first attempt at this event so I have no history with prior ones. Hence my question.

The jock has a route and elevation breakdown per stage and this is what I am looking for with this event.

Polar data from 2012:

Stage                              Distance                    Elevation

1                                           53                               500

2                                           47                               220

3                                           53                               340

4                                           23                               205

all the best with your 1st Kremetart

That is the complete one.

Still looking for stages for you

https://www.strava.com/activities/57927415

• 2 months later...

So who else is doing this? 

Just entered (today's the closing date). Will be my fourth - did it in 2009, 2010 and 2012, but only managed to finish all of the stages within the time limit for each stage in 2010 (in 2009 and 2012 I covered all the distance, but missed the cut off for some of the stages).

Nice and fit at the moment, so have some unfinished business.

It's my FAVOURITE road race. Really looking forward to it (and the skop afterwards).

Edited by Grogs

Just entered (today's the closing date). Will be my third - did it in 2009, 2010 and 2012, but only managed to finish all of the stages within the time limit for each stage in 2010 (in 2009 and 2012 I covered all the distance, but missed the cut off for some of the stages).

It's my FAVOURITE road race. Really looking forward to it (and the skop afterwards).

Yebo, my wife and I are riding.  Great day of racing (once you get over the pass at 10km)

What an awesome race...and well managed event.

Did it in 2012 (with my wife and her friend from the COMRADES "OPEN" group) and 2016 (40-49 group). 

We wanted to do the race together, but could not because of the limits and not able to race Ladies with Men...so we started later in the last group aka "Comrades".

I must say the Comrades group was the most fun...the people that want to race, still go full on B@LLS to the W@LL...but the rest go and enjoy the day out on the road and bunch up where possible...I think our total time was around 6h20 to 6h30.

In 2016 I did it on my own, so I joined the 44-49 men's group...just enjoyed the 1st and 4th stage, but raced the 2nd and 3rd stage (to catch my one friend ahead of us in 30-39 age category - NOW THAT WAS FUN  :thumbup:  will NOT forget his face when we caught them on stage 2 and 3  :clap:  PRICELESS !!! Total time ended around 5h26...real fun!

Would just LOVE to do it again and training has gone well this year...but with a Kid in the house not always possible...according to my wife and society you have to feed, school and cloth the little sh!its  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  LOL...

Go and have fun and don't over think the race...o yes...(IF YOU CAN) also train the "INTERVAL" for the STOPS in between the Stages...your legs get COLD and WARM and COLD and WARM...and HYDRATE enough and take some Salt pills or Rennies or whatever helps for you.

Train for 40-50km's...then rest and eat something for 30 minutes...go for another 40-50km's, rest another 30 minutes and eat again...go for another 40-50km's, rest (30min's) and eat again...(IF YOU WANT TO) go for the last 25-30km's.

Really Jealous and envious  :thumbup:  go and enjoy!

Just entered (today's the closing date). Will be my third - did it in 2009, 2010 and 2012, but only managed to finish all of the stages within the time limit for each stage in 2010 (in 2009 and 2012 I covered all the distance, but missed the cut off for some of the stages).

I must confess...ALSO my FAVOURITE road race  :clap:  :thumbup:  enjoy and have fun!