Overseas visitor looking to ride in/near Johannesberg next week!?

Bream

A very generous offer, many thanks, I also race an S-Works Epic WC so I do love this type of bike. I'll check with Eddy and V12 and see what they recommend. This would also give more flexibility to ride I think than taking a bike from Sprocket and Jack and I guess with them I'd have to ride around their opening hours etc. I'll come back to you soon.

No problemo dude, let me know.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Africans are generally quite open and friendly people :D

Actually I lie, Bream we just trying to lure you in to harvest one of your kidneys, but don't worry, it will be done by a 'profession' so minimal scarring  ;)

Actually I lie, Bream we just trying to lure you in to harvest one of your kidneys, but don't worry, it will be done by a 'profession' so minimal scarring  ;)

:eek: as long as you leave the other one it'll be worth the ride :D

Yip, trying to find an appropriate analogy.

Imagine all South African trails are Olympic athletes. Make that female Olympic athletes.

Jo'burg trails are like the weight lifters, Karkloof like synchronised swimmers and Knysna like the Brazilian beach volleyball team.

All excellent in their own way, but somehow different.......

Now I want to go and ride in Knysna.

[emoji102]..there we go[emoji6]

Retweeted Craig Wapnick (@properwappo):

Get fit and faster with @SSGrantUsher and @amymacmtb and @joBerg2c_ every Thursday 5pm Sprocket and Jack hard social power hour all welcome @_sani2c @bergandbush

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

[emoji102]..there we go[emoji6]

Retweeted Craig Wapnick (@properwappo):

Get fit and faster with @SSGrantUsher and @amymacmtb and @joBerg2c_ every Thursday 5pm Sprocket and Jack hard social power hour all welcome @_sani2c @bergandbush

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind invite and would definately liked to have joined this but my flights leaves at 20:20 on Thurs evening :(

If you're ever in Denmark let me know.

It's pan flat here so the trails are a bit yawny but I have a few bikes in the right size you can ride.

Bream we did our Thursday ride with 10 members today .We did 65 km at 21.5km average so just over 3hrs of riding . We stopped at the Parks in Benoni for carrot cake /breakfast and coffee so eventually got home at 11 for a good both and swim . The one member who has a few large bikes spare will let you use one  , all his bikes have Crank Brother pedals on .If you dont use these bring your pedals .

If you're ever in Denmark let me know.

It's pan flat here so the trails are a bit yawny but I have a few bikes in the right size you can ride.

Tjänare :thumbup:  I'm also from Denmark, that little bit on the southern part of Sweden called Skåne :lol:

For everyone else, that's a Sweden/Denmark in joke :rolleyes:

It's a kind offer, and thanks for that, where are your local trails, maybe worth popping across the bridge some day for a ride as always looking for new trails.

I actually live near the town of Ängelholm and can also extend the offer of a loan/guide to anyone visiting nearby.

Bream we did our Thursday ride with 10 members today .We did 65 km at 21.5km average so just over 3hrs of riding . We stopped at the Parks in Benoni for carrot cake /breakfast and coffee so eventually got home at 11 for a good both and swim . The one member who has a few large bikes spare will let you use one  , all his bikes have Crank Brother pedals on .If you dont use these bring your pedals .

Sounds ideal FirstV8, my only issue is getting the morning off work, I'm just waiting for my visit agenda from the customer I'm visiting, when I have this I can confirm. If it works then I'd really like to join your ride and borrow a bike, I always ride SPDs but I can bring a pair if you don't have a pair locally. I'll drop you a PM :thumbup:

Tjänare :thumbup:  I'm also from Denmark, that little bit on the southern part of Sweden called Skåne :lol:

For everyone else, that's a Sweden/Denmark in joke :rolleyes:

It's a kind offer, and thanks for that, where are your local trails, maybe worth popping across the bridge some day for a ride as always looking for new trails.

I actually live near the town of Ängelholm and can also extend the offer of a loan/guide to anyone visiting nearby.

Hahahaha.

I'm a South African living in Copenhagen so I'm sure your trails are way more interesting than mine...

It's probably a better idea for me to visit you! Nudge nudge wink wink!

Hahahaha.

I'm a South African living in Copenhagen so I'm sure your trails are way more interesting than mine...

Well, in that case I can definately help, although as you know this time of year isn't the best for decent riding conditions.

How long you in Copenhagen for and do you have a car, or would you come over on the train?

Southern Sweden isn't so different to Denmark although we do have some small hills if that's what you're after. If you let me know your skill level, how long you'd like to ride for and what trails you like, I could set something up :thumbup:

Hahahaha.

The land of Frikadelle and Dr Nielsen!

And that other horrible rocket fuel from further north Akvavit!

The land of Frikadelle and Dr Nielsen!

And that other horrible rocket fuel from further north Akvavit!

Come a little further north and you can use Akvavit to wash down the sill strömming :devil:

Archived