Garmin / Navworld break up?

eibmoZ

When I was in NavWorld about 3 years ago, the place was packed. About 1/3 of those in the shop at the time was for Garmin issues, the rest were buying.

I was there again a couple of times end of last year. During that time there were 3 other people in the shop. All of us walked out angry. No one spent any money.

I was in Navworld Cape Town first week January.  One other person in store, she bought her device there, and was there for a warantee issue .... I lost interest after the third time the gent told her that she should pay R250 since it was not bought there, and each time she showed him the invoice ....

Ooo, I was there to look at the Garmin dashcams .... lack-luster service at best .... No, I did not buy there

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Navworld Randburg in November, My Fenix 3 took a long time to pick up my HR. The guy asked me when first did I notice it. I said yesterday during a spinning class.

He looks at me as if I'm an alien and tells me: "ja bru, but you do know that the fenix is not made for spinning hey?"

I just took my watch from the dumbass and walked out.

A software update sorted the problem out.

Navworld = a bunch of clowns

I went to Navworld Randburg in November, My Fenix 3 took a long time to pick up my HR. The guy asked me when first did I notice it. I said yesterday during a spinning class.

He looks at me as if I'm an alien and tells me: "ja bru, but you do know that the fenix is not made for spinning hey?"

I just took my watch from the dumbass and walked out.

A software update sorted the problem out.

Navworld = a bunch of clowns

It is as though the stories are getting more absurd, yet they are all true and valid. Navworld digging their own grave at the speed of thought (not theirs though, clearly)

• 1 year later...

So Navworld in Cape Town has closed down. Where do you go now if you want a device assessed?

Where did you buy ?

SportsmansWharehouse was efficient at booking in my watch two weeks ago. Now waiting for Garmin feedback ....

Dont know if they will take in a device that was bought elseware ...

So Navworld in Cape Town has closed down. Where do you go now if you want a device assessed?

I will never celebrate a business closing down, but purely from a "device assessment" perspective this is doing you a big favour, whatever alternative you will have to come up with will be a better option. 

• 3 months later...

Where did you buy ?

SportsmansWharehouse was efficient at booking in my watch two weeks ago. Now waiting for Garmin feedback ....

Dont know if they will take in a device that was bought elseware ...

i contacted Navworld today because the ON/OFF button of my Garmin 810 has damaged 

so that lady on the other line told me if i send my GARMIN 810 to Navworld,GARMIN SA will replace it for me with a Garmin 830 BUT then i Have to pay in R6800.00  :wacko:  :thumbdown: