Canyon bicycles now available direct to South Africa

shaper

If one requires spares such as forks of seatpost etc, where would one purchase those as i can't find a link on the website?

speak to the local guys or email Canyon directly. They  respond quickly to queries.

They'll send the parts directly to you if its a warranty. or you go via the canyonsa

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If one requires spares such as forks of seatpost etc, where would one purchase those as i can't find a link on the website?

For seatposts: https://www.canyon.com/en-za/gear/components/posts-and-clamps/

On the Canyon website, if you select "MENU" and the "GEAR" you will find a whole lot of options.

Some Canyon specific small parts however is not listed on the website and you can mail southafrica@canyon.com to order these.

If you are not sure about exactly what small part to order, you can find it on the exploded drawings: https://www.canyon.com/en-za/support-articles/exploded_drawings_overview.html

We also carry the basic parts like hangers in SA at Techno Guide in Stellenbosch and Sprocket and Jack in Johannesburg.

For seatposts: https://www.canyon.com/en-za/gear/components/posts-and-clamps/

On the Canyon website, if you select "MENU" and the "GEAR" you will find a whole lot of options.

Some Canyon specific small parts however is not listed on the website and you can mail southafrica@canyon.com to order these.

If you are not sure about exactly what small part to order, you can find it on the exploded drawings: https://www.canyon.com/en-za/support-articles/exploded_drawings_overview.html

We also carry the basic parts like hangers in SA at Techno Guide in Stellenbosch and Sprocket and Jack in Johannesburg.

So even though the parts missing for this frame aren't on the website in the Gear department it could still be ordered?

post-46817-0-02648000-1562831322_thumb.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on declaration at customs if a bringing an already purchased bike from Europe: 

If the bike has not been fully assembled and is in its various parts then would one need to declare the sum of the parts that make up the bike or just the separate parts themselves? Reason I ask because if the parts separately come to less than R10K each then they are void from customs if my interpretation is correct?

TIA and happy Monday! 

Edited by timbarrow2012

Quick question on declaration at customs if a bringing an already purchased bike from Europe: 

If the bike has not been fully assembled and is in its various parts then would one need to declare the sum of the parts that make up the bike or just the separate parts themselves? Reason I ask because if the parts separately come to less than R10K each then they are void from customs if I my interpretation is correct?

TIA and happy Monday! 

my guess is that the sars official will apply duties to what they see before them - a full bike. you're right of course, but i think it'll be a hard point to argue, but if you have the receipts for all the components... or you could disassemble the bike and bring it in that way

• 6 months later...

If the bike has not been fully assembled and is in its various parts then would one need to declare the sum of the parts that make up the bike or just the separate parts themselves? Reason I ask because if the parts separately come to less than R10K each then they are void from customs if my interpretation is correct?

TIA and happy Monday! 

Did you ever confirm if you could list the parts separately ? 

Edited by Zama7

• 10 months later...