2018 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100

Spock

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps he saw the top tube bag on your lovely Lapierre and turned tail?  :P

haha, practice ride for IM so had all the goods on the bike.... I think it was the helmet personally, he does not want to be admonished for not wearing one. Even in no helmet law blighty

Edit:  It is ridiculously flat https://www.strava.com/activities/1108245134

374 meters elevation over 160km??  Wow - that's like riding through the freestate ;-)

I don't see how that is possible, I cycle in all those areas and my regular lil loop of 35 km has around 370 meters of climb. Does not make sense this.

Edit: ok I had a look at the profile map, that did not go over box hill as I can see. Boxhill is at around 200 metres elevation. Its about 150 metre climb if I look at my profile map from today.

Edited by IceCreamMan

Where’s Patch? ????

Lovely sunny day. Lil wind an only 8 degrees but the warmest cycle I have had in 3 months

Yoh dude, been so hectic. Was planning on riding today due to the better weather, but we worked late last night. Broke my valve off on Monday, had to get it fixed at Evans, 30GBP ????

Need to be in Peterborough tomorrow at 9am so cant ride tomorrow.

Will be out on long rides on Saturday and Sunday. Keen?

Edited by Patchelicious

Yoh dude, been so hectic. Was planning on riding today due to the better weather, but we worked late last night. Broke my valve off on Monday, had to get it fixed at Evans, 30GBP

Need to be in Peterborough tomorrow at 9am so cant ride tomorrow.

Will be out on long rides on Saturday and Sunday. Keen?

Ouch, that’s a lotta rands.

Doubt I will be Town this weekend, have to go down to Chichester on Saturday. Will pm you if I can ride. Tomorrow going to be a magic day too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can’t believe the time is almost here to experience this amazing event! The week after next I will be packing my bike for the long trip to the UK.

The ride takes place the day before my 60th birthday - what a way to celebrate it!

If anyone coming through needs to borrow a bike, you welcome to use mine. Just have to collect from Guildford and return it. Size XL Lapierre Audacio 500. Nice enough bike for a sportive.

I can’t believe the time is almost here to experience this amazing event! The week after next I will be packing my bike for the long trip to the UK.

The ride takes place the day before my 60th birthday - what a way to celebrate it!

Awesome man. I am expecting a full write up of the event in particular as I am planning to get into 2019 edition.

Had a look at bike travel bags yesterday ????...cost as much as the return flight..