2018 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100

Spock

Awesome man. I am expecting a full write up of the event in particular as I am planning to get into 2019 edition.

Had a look at bike travel bags yesterday [emoji45]...cost as much as the return flight..

I will be recording the entire ride on my action cam, together with data overlays and posting it to my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Neville7851

Bike bags are crazy expensive. Fortunately I managed to borrow two bags from club members, for myself and my better half, who won’t be taking part, but will be simply enjoying riding around the English countryside for the 3 weeks that we will be there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We organized great weather for this weekend, just be careful of the humidity and hydrate lots. Also wear sun screen and carry some on the bike to reapply during the day. The sun is harsh here during the day.

And enjoy it, going to be a great day out. I will be out on the course somewhere in the Guildford area. Seeing as the course is going to wreck havoc on the roads we ain’t going anywhere on Sunday. So will take bike and ride to some vantage points.

7879b367172d112aafd58c129e7d29c3.jpg

Just got my start time!

Your Registration Form and Final Instructions for the 2018 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100

Name: Theo Jordaan

Rider Number (Bib Number): 5081

Start Area: Orange

Wave: D

Wave Load opening time: 04:44:00

Wave Load closing time: 05:24:00

Start Time: 06:12:00

Ours - tandem. Looks like we're gonna ride to the start in the dark.

We organized great weather for this weekend, just be careful of the humidity and hydrate lots. Also wear sun screen and carry some on the bike to reapply during the day. The sun is harsh here during the day.

And enjoy it, going to be a great day out. I will be out on the course somewhere in the Guildford area. Seeing as the course is going to wreck havoc on the roads we ain’t going anywhere on Sunday. So will take bike and ride to some vantage points.

Going to be a scorcher...we have not had rain for some time so quite dry around the country lanes...still beautiful though. Enjoy every moment of it!

Watching it online streaming BBC2, shame about the weather considering the summer the uk has had.

Might consider entering the ballot for next year :)

Prob not a bad thing, dont think the bulk of the participants would be too happy in 30deg temps given the temps that are normal in England.

Watching it online streaming BBC2, shame about the weather considering the summer the uk has had.

I will enter for 2019, failing a slot will look at charity slots.

For those with DStv, the Elite race is shwoing on channel 212... or so I’ve been told on a Whatsapp group chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those with DStv, the Elite race is shwoing on channel 212... or so I’ve been told on a Whatsapp group chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirmed

Ballot opens next Sunday and will close when 80 000 are received.