Long ride in Jozi - MTB

Grantc

Also depends on what you  want to experience.

Out towards the Magaliesburg, which is great mtb territory, there are some  good trails at van gaalens kaasmakery and also that other newish trails on the road there  (Hennops I think) haven't been there but that looks good as well.

What is the status on Modder being changed into China City ?

Have not been there in a while.

Happened to hear yesterday that riding there aint no more (or no more fun (let alone safe)) .... :cursing:

Northern Farm (Lanseria) and Buffelsdrift (far far away on a lost road in Pretoria) = awesomeness  :clap:  ...   :clap:

Suikerbossie = oh yes (hou bene hou), but its a tar ride ... 

What is the status on Modder being changed into China City ?

Have not been there in a while.

Happened to hear yesterday that riding there aint no more (or no more fun (let alone safe)) .... :cursing:

Northern Farm (Lanseria) and Buffelsdrift (far far away on a lost road in Pretoria) = awesomeness  :clap:  ...   :clap:

Suikerbossie = oh yes (hou bene hou), but its a tar ride ...

Modderfontein still a bike park. We were there this morning. I have not heard of any unsavoury incidents. 5 route options from 10 kms to 45kms. Some sections are common to allthe routes.

On second thought - Rosebank probably closer to Modderfontein which also has some cool routes. Both are a good option though

I would take Northern Farms over Modderfontein.

Modderfontein! I was there yesterday afternoon, "Happened to hear yesterday that riding there aint no more (or no more fun (let alone safe)) " so I don't know where on earth you heard that  :eek:

You could probably get close 55km with the new black and white sections, and 65km if you start at the Shell garage! 

Correct answer is of course the SPRUIT!!!

Did a spruit group ride from Paulshof to Emerentia. Fantastic ride. The spruit faeries have done an awesome job! Hadn't ridden the route since 2014.

Modderfontein is a bike park within a nature reserve.

Dams, Rivers, Waterfalls, Birds and Wild Life are all part of the Fifty Rand Day Pass package.

Very Central Close to Sandton and the East Rand, Fully Fenced and up to now very safe.

Guaranteed to get a good workout on the many Hilly Sections.

Archived