Can middle age guys jump?

Delarey

No, it is further up, part of the first section of Mont Marie. It is before the drop-off. Basically after the tight switch backs the road splits. There is a sign: Left is Fast and Right is Fun. You take the right. It is a completely new section since Oct 2017 (only about 40m with 2 jumps and a nice switch back against a hill)

Ja. Part of that new bit that they've done. Super fun. That drop after the corner that Eddy is referring to is the same.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it is further up, part of the first section of Mont Marie. It is before the drop-off. Basically after the tight switch backs the road splits. There is a sign: Left is Fast and Right is Fun. You take the right. It is a completely new section since Oct 2017 (only about 40m with 2 jumps and a nice switch back against a hill)

aah, ok, have not been there in a while.

@delarey

If you really want to piss on your lighties parade come to France with the Ballies in July. I guarantee you'll be able to jump by the time you come back and all your youngster's mates will be green with envy.

ezgif-5-7533c362ca.gif

This one is what I was referring to, almost next to the pond at the restaurant.

JA. Such a fun place to ride there. And it's FREEEEEEE!!

JA. Such a fun place to ride there. And it's FREEEEEEE!!

Need to make a plan to get out there soon, if not this weekend, then next

@delarey

If you really want to piss on your lighties parade come to France with the Ballies in July. I guarantee you'll be able to jump by the time you come back and all your youngster's mates will be green with envy.

Sounds tempting but I think I need to stick to locations close to Mediclinics where my Discovery Medical aid will kick in when the worst happens.

Went through about 40 of the 123 posts already, so please excuse if this was raised before:

We never established what the OP meant by "Middle Aged"?

Are we using the World Health Organization Scale? Which means the majority of you lot is still considered Youth: (Go join the ANCYL  :devil: )

• 0-17 years old: underage
• 18-65 years old: youth/young people
• 66-79 years old: middle-aged
• 80-99 years old: elderly/senior
• 100+ years old: long-lived elderly

Went through about 40 of the 123 posts already, so please excuse if this was raised before:

We never established what the OP meant by "Middle Aged"?

Are we using the World Health Organization Scale? Which means the majority of you lot is still considered Youth: (Go join the ANCYL :devil: )

• 0-17 years old: underage

• 18-65 years old: youth/young people

• 66-79 years old: middle-aged

• 80-99 years old: elderly/senior

• 100+ years old: long-lived elderly

So there that's why I wasn't fully partaking!!????

I believe the problem with older blokes trying to jump is that we tend to think about it a lot more than a youngster, what if I fall, what if I break something on my bike, what if I break some bones....youngsters just see a jump and hit it.

We hesitate because we already had that big fall. They still have to have theirs.

Def, I rode a bike and had way more skill when I was alot younger and had time to ride every single day.

Funny, its the opposite for me. I have way more skills as an old man than I did when I was younger... just wish I had the fitness of a 30 year old!

Archived