Cut up tires? you can help.

Warren Foyn

The only punctures I have had on the road were caused by missing manhole covers.

Try smacking them with a piece of angle iron hard enough to crack a steerer tube....

i think i see your problem ....

you are supposed to go AROUND the holes on the road - on MTB you go THROUGH the holes...

What about a Small piece of stainless steel wire, once got one in my tyre, could hardly see it but kept on getting flats until I turned the tyre inside out and hunted for it, would your solution work with it?

Glass seems to be my headache. 'Circular' Punctures seal fine but when the tyre slices...even a small one...the sealant never seems to work too well....

We shall test all kinds of glass cuts :) That is one of our main complaints here in JHB

Pay weekend in Magalies just leaves a trail of broken glass on all the roads....and then some in the veld as well when the locals stagger home...!

i think i see your problem ....

you are supposed to go AROUND the holes on the road - on MTB you go THROUGH the holes...

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. When chasing Strava segments (why else would one be on a road bike) in the dark, there is no time to go around anything.

Seriously, all the flats I have had in recent years have been pinch flats and I suspect that if this sealant is for tubeless tyres it will not have that problem either....

Lekker Warren. That extreme sealant worked well with the screwdriver gat.

PS. sounds like your electric fence is shorting on a tree :P .

Just making it authentically South African  :whistling:

Very interesting video Warren. The normal sealant works very well for the repairs.

Is the extreme sealant designed for permanent use, or just a quick fix to get you home? In other words, is the repair permanent, or do you have to throw the tyre away?

Thanks Schnavel :-)

The Extreme Sealant is a permanent repair.

I've used it several times now, most notably when riding my tubbies in France last year. I picked up a puncture that wasn't sealing 100%, so I used some extreme sealant and proceeded to ride another 1 000k's or so finishing our tour without losing even the slightest amount of pressure during rides of up to 8 hours at a time!

Even if you prefer riding without the preventative sealant, this will repair any holes you pick up along the way. So with TUFO tubbies or tubular clinchers (and arriving next week - tubeless clincher tyres), changing tubes on the side of the road is a thing of the past!

Archived