• 3 years later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

Does anyone know the exact route for this? Is it down main road or the M3?

I am thinking of joining the ride a little close to home, so somewhere around Ladies Mile. 

30 minutes ago, Mike Mac said:

Hi. 

Does anyone know the exact route for this? Is it down main road or the M3?

I am thinking of joining the ride a little close to home, so somewhere around Ladies Mile. 

There’s a strava segment, https://strava.app.link/46HhjTZHgpb. As you’re probably aware you won’t be on the segment if you start 15km in. 

It’s down main road exactly on the two oceans marathon loop. I would be careful joining in on the route as guys are probably going to be going quite hard and fast. It is also probably worth attending the not-race brief at forries, so that everyone in the group is on the same page. Street racing at 5am is sketchy at the best of times let alone when guys start pulling in at all points on the route. 

The finish is at the top gate of kirstenbosch (rhodes drive-Klaasens intersection) to avoid going full send down the hill and through the traffic light. 

Edited by Sid the Sloth
Added last paragraph

8 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

The finish is at the top gate of kirstenbosch (rhodes drive-Klaasens intersection) to avoid going full send down the hill and through the traffic light. 

That makes me wish we had some southern suburbs based races. 

8 minutes ago, Mamil said:

That makes me wish we had some southern suburbs based races. 

Imagine the outcry by the SUV moms if they close one of their roads?!

It will take them 9 minutes longer to get to spinning class and pilates..... It will never fly

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

There’s a strava segment, https://strava.app.link/46HhjTZHgpb. As you’re probably aware you won’t be on the segment if you start 15km in. 

It’s down main road exactly on the two oceans marathon loop. I would be careful joining in on the route as guys are probably going to be going quite hard and fast. It is also probably worth attending the not-race brief at forries, so that everyone in the group is on the same page. Street racing at 5am is sketchy at the best of times let alone when guys start pulling in at all points on the route. 

Ok, thanks.