[Event] Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race

nicsname

can we just pitch on the morning ... going to take a little self motivation to get up at that ungodly hour and then ride a 53/18t SS up those climbs :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can we just pitch on the morning ... going to take a little self motivation to get up at that ungodly hour and then ride a 53/18t SS up those climbs :P

Yes! Just pitch! And bring everyone and anyone on two wheels. Next year when it'll bigger and better we'll have a special prize just for the crazies on their SS - hope to see you there 

Yes! Just pitch! And bring everyone and anyone on two wheels. Next year when it'll bigger and better we'll have a special prize just for the crazies on their SS - hope to see you there 

let me aim to make it then ... can always walk if I can't ride up some of the climbs 

In Joburg there's a "duo" medal for those that complete 947 and 32km RAC Tough One, but these are a week apart. Your times for both events are added together and ranking well is a pretty big deal.

Doing the same here would be very cool

http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/events/ultra-prizes

FASTEST COMBINED TIME: The Cape Argus/Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour & Old Mutual Two Oceans (Man) Two Oceans Floating Trophy

FASTEST COMBINED TIME: The Cape Argus/Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour & Old Mutual Two Oceans (Woman) Two Oceans Floating Trophy

Probably need about 2:45 cycle and sub-4hr run to be in contention (for the men)...

Edited by ridr

I did it a few years ago. Good fun !

I think the prize was a bag of coffee beans  :thumbup:

It was! Some delish Truth beans courtesy of Mr Donde  :)

I did it a few years ago. Good fun !

I think the prize was a bag of coffee beans  :thumbup:

Which reminds me, I never got the bag of beans... 

I did the first two. Will try and make this one.

http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/events/ultra-prizes

FASTEST COMBINED TIME: The Cape Argus/Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour & Old Mutual Two Oceans (Man) Two Oceans Floating Trophy

FASTEST COMBINED TIME: The Cape Argus/Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour & Old Mutual Two Oceans (Woman) Two Oceans Floating Trophy

Probably need about 2:45 cycle and sub-4hr run to be in contention (for the men)...

Thanks for that, wasn't even aware of it!

Seems silver Oceans runners are generally not into cycling....  The winning time in 2016 was 7:21:27, 2:52 CTCT and 4:29 Oceans.  Excellent in both disciplines for sure, but not super-human.

http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/sites/default/files/attachments/pages/TOM%202016%20CT%20Combined_0.pdf

Seems silver Oceans runners are generally not into cycling....  The winning time in 2016 was 7:21:27, 2:52 CTCT and 4:29 Oceans.  Excellent in both disciplines for sure, but not super-human.

http://www.twooceansmarathon.org.za/sites/default/files/attachments/pages/TOM%202016%20CT%20Combined_0.pdf

there's actually one that combines the argus/2ocens and Berg river canoe

Two Oceans Peninsula Iron Man

although someone needs to tell the Berg to update their rules for 2018

19. Due to the cancellation of the Cape Town Cycle Tour there will be no Two Oceans Peninsula Iron Man Competition this year.

The results don't tell the full story. 2016 I think there were injuries involved. I haven't checked results before, but I know the guys that usually win it. And I know what shape they're in. Just depends on the year. This year I'm pretty sure it will be a 2:47 cycle and a silver Oceans that wins it. Those guys can ride and run flippin fast!

Edited by ridr

Sure thing - the more the merrier! I'll probably be cruising at the back so you won't be last;) 

For the slower amongst us that is looking at the fixie parked in the corner and wondering if this is a good idea or not, what average speed is "cruising at the back"?

For the slower amongst us that is looking at the fixie parked in the corner and wondering if this is a good idea or not, what average speed is "cruising at the back"?

I usually bonk as soon as I sit on a bicycle but lets say somewhere around 20 - 25km/h. Fast enough to make it, but slow enough to chat  :thumbup: