Round vs Oval Chainring

Demetri

So much judging on this thread.

'How dare you spin out, you obviously train badly' or 'you can't possibly spin out' to 'why are you a peasant who rides a MTB on the road - sies'....

If you spin out at 80rpm then you spin out. Not everyone wants to train better or have more than 1 bike or or or.... Essentially calling people liars is a bit harsh.

Bikes are a hobby and there is no right ot wrong way to do it. I'm terrible at table tennis but I dig playing it. I'm also not at all interested in training/practicing to get better. But I do feel that a paddle with the soft foam/multiple layers has better control that the paddles with just the 1 hard rubber layer.

I have no idea where I'm going with that analogy. Sorry.

Just that if Blinkyblogs says he spins out, then instead of trying to prove him/her wrong and/or telling them they obviously suck, just accept that Blinkyblogs spins out and probably uses their bike differently to you.

That's what is so cool about bikes. People can use them for such different things with hugely different results but they are still just bikes.

They are rad. So be like bikes. Be rad. Or don't. But then you are being more like car, which is way less rad than a bike

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'How dare you spin out, you obviously train badly' or 'you can't possibly spin out' to 'why are you a peasant who rides a MTB on the road - sies'....

If you spin out at 80rpm then you spin out. Not everyone wants to train better or have more than 1 bike or or or.... Essentially calling people liars is a bit harsh.

Bikes are a hobby and there is no right ot wrong way to do it. I'm terrible at table tennis but I dig playing it. I'm also not at all interested in training/practicing to get better. But I do feel that a paddle with the soft foam/multiple layers has better control that the paddles with just the 1 hard rubber layer.

Just that if Blinkyblogs says he spins out, then instead of trying to prove him/her wrong and/or telling them they obviously suck, just accept that Blinkyblogs spins out and probably uses their bike differently to you.

That's what is so cool about bikes. People can use them for such different things with hugely different results but they are still just bikes.

They are rad. So be like bikes. Be rad. Or don't. But then you are being more like car, which is way less rad than a bike

With my ADD, I got lost a couple of times reading that, but I think I agree with you. :)

table tennis IS cool; not happy that my parents sold their table without asking me if I wanted it first.

Pfft... who does this Jewbacca person think he is? being all adult-like.... On the Bikehub. On a Friday..... it;ll never catch on, I tell you!! NEVER!!

10t is available in SRAM / Sunrace / Shimano. Just need the right freehub/body. On Shimano microspline, and SRAM an XD driver.

Thanks.

I’ll stick to having 11t as my smallest gear and 34T oval on the MTB. I’d rather wait for Shimano to introduce the micro spline to road. Then I can convert my 53/39 to a 50/34 with a 10/28 on the back for even better gearing options than I get with the 53/39-11/28. Better top end rollout and a little extra cadence available on the 34-28. Who knows, I even say a 48-32 (sub-compact). Pair that with a 10-28 and the top end is the same ratio as a 53/11.

Thanks.

I’ll stick to having 11t as my smallest gear and 34T oval on the MTB. I’d rather wait for Shimano to introduce the micro spline to road. Then I can convert my 53/39 to a 50/34 with a 10/28 on the back for even better gearing options than I get with the 53/39-11/28. Better top end rollout and a little extra cadence available on the 34-28. Who knows, I even say a 48-32 (sub-compact). Pair that with a 10-28 and the top end is the same ratio as a 53/11.

TOOOO much numbers for a friday 

In Covidworld does anyone actually know what day it is anymore? I'm never sure if it is Tuesday, March or 2019...

according to the NCCCCCCCC doomsday is imminent, so it is Doomsday - 1/n

The thing is... they (ANC)said they’ll rule until Jesus comes, so obviously they’ll try and stretch this last day for as long as they can....

So, just ride whatever chainring; round, oval or square, with as many teeth as you want for days are few?