[Event] EWC Round 1 Hoogekraal

Dan Dob

That was bad luck man Myles. I could feel you heart sink when you realized the valve was wrong!!

yeah bro, was proper shaite. 

But... still had a good time. Was lekker seeing the vinnig okes pinning it down Z and on the "gauntlet" near the end. 

Also had a lekker lag when one of the guys reckoned they should leave a large gap for "this girl" in front of them, when said girl was Jessie Nixon. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah suck man. I would have given you my spare tube.

Ok I have to ask. Who was the cat with the blue Meta and the orange POC lid. His girlfriend in the leather pants was... um..... Eye catching. He might not have won on the timesheets but he was deff the winner on the day....

LOL. Waseef Allie

Ah suck man. I would have given you my spare tube.

Ok I have to ask. Who was the cat with the blue Meta and the orange POC lid. His girlfriend in the leather pants was... um..... Eye catching. He might not have won on the timesheets but he was deff the winner on the day....

Pics of the said pant

Myles man, WTF - going on an enduro with no spare tube/#!%! You didn't watch the video obvz. And who carries a Shrader tube as a spare anyway....your Samaritan needs a new bike methinks. 

I spent most of the event in the red zone - Hoogies is a tiring place to ride at the best of times, make it a race and its extreme. Must have something to do with the no recovery  liaisons...You either climbing or pelting downhill. 

Was pleased with how my bike went - no issues with tyres or drive train. Good to chat Meezo - very brave of you on your On One. There was no way i was going to get bashed around on mine...

Also had a lekker lag when one of the guys reckoned they should leave a large gap for "this girl" in front of them, when said girl was Jessie Nixon. 

That said, perhaps pink isn't the best colour to indicate the chicken lines. I'm sure I've seen a more gender-neutral green being used to grade trail difficult with success somewhere else  :ph34r:  

"Hey, bro. Any tips for how I should set up my shock's rebound for the enduro this weekend,"

"Yeah. As fast as possible. Trust me! I know what I'm talking about."

Kidding aside. That looks like a nasty OTB. His left wrist looks a bit messed up too. 

This kind of crash is more of a riding error than set up. Remember Thirions crash last year at Leogang I think.

Those TTs have a relatively tall steep ramp. If you don't commit properly, i.e pump off the lip and pull the front up properly, you at risk of a bucking. I did the same on a smaller natural yump thing a few years back. There's plenty of time to have several "Oh ****" moments before you slam. 

That said, perhaps pink isn't the best colour to indicate the chicken lines. I'm sure I've seen a more gender-neutral green being used to grade trail difficult with success somewhere else  :ph34r:  

did you ride Nick?

This kind of crash is more of a riding error than set up. Remember Thirions crash last year at Leogang I think.

Those TTs have a relatively tall steep ramp. If you don't commit properly, i.e pump off the lip and pull the front up properly, you at risk of a bucking. I did the same on a smaller natural yump thing a few years back. There's plenty of time to have several "Oh ****" moments before you slam. 

Yep. I had one on the first table, landed on the front wheel and rode it out. Apparently my yelp was hilarious. 

I agree but not for that reason. My brain ( and no doubt most peoples) is programmed to see red as danger and green as go/safe. The A line should be Red and the B line, green. I had to think a bit and nearly missed the A lines trying to remember which was which...

did you ride Nick?

Negative. My weekend was booked up with non-biking engagements.

Just name dropping here ... but two of our commuter ladies were on the podium ... so if you want to podium on a #Enduro ... you better start commuting to work  

Taahir is not a lady...