Fox fork Almost on Max PSI but still to soft

no calves

Hi.

Need some help re: Fork pressure.

Rode a fox 32 100mm Pumped to 110psi and all was great.

Bought a new bike that came fitted with a Fox 32 Rhythm Grip.

I think the damper model is irrelevant but feel free to correct me.

I currently have the fork pumped to 130psi (fork max is 140psi). Whenever i stand up the fork sags that about 20mm of travel remains. Bear in mind that i weigh 100kg and i used the rule weight +10 psi to get my fork pressure.

Is the fork defected? Do i add volume tokens? Buy a new fork? Bike is now 100kms old and i regret spending that much on a bike i do not get the enjoyment out i thought i would.

Regards

'Calves

Hi.

I currently have the fork pumped to 130psi (fork max is 140psi). Whenever i stand up the fork sags that about 20mm of travel remains. Bear in mind that i weigh 100kg and i used the rule weight +10 psi to get my fork pressure.

Is the fork defected? Do i add volume tokens? Buy a new fork? Bike is now 100kms old and i regret spending that much on a bike i do not get the enjoyment out i thought i would.

Regards

'Calves

RTFM to get the pressures it should be set at as a starter and go from there.

Reccomended Pressures are usually specific to a make and.model but.its not inconceivable your fork needs a warrantee claim.

RTFM to get the pressures it should be set at as a starter and go from there.

Reccomended Pressures are usually specific to a make and.model but.its not inconceivable your fork needs a warrantee claim.

Followed the recommended settings on the fork but it was like riding a marshmallow. Now close to max pressure and nowhere near where it should be in terms of firmness

As it is a new bike, take back to lbs and get fork checked, could well be a warranty or defective damper

This ^ 

Probably not the damper tho 

Hi.

Regards

'Calves

Is it dual air? or single

Is it dual air? or single

Given that it's A grip damper the fork can't be more than 2 years old , so I would be 98% sure it's solo-air

Followed the recommended settings on the fork but it was like riding a marshmallow. Now close to max pressure and nowhere near where it should be in terms of firmness

Try.adjusting the rebound and compression damping - the red and blue dials on the fork - blue is compression damping - turning one way will.make it feel harder during compression - the red disk controls how fast or slow the fork rebounds - one way it will rebound slower and the other way faster - try setting it a bit faster.

In the beginning just figure out what those 2 dials do and see if you can find a better setting.

Forks have 3 basic settings you play with:

1 - air pressure - this is basically the spring equivalent - more pressure is the same as a harder spring.

2 - Compression damping - this controls how fast the spring compresses under load.

3 - rebound damping - this controls the speed the spring returns to full length.

And of course - all 3 settings have interactions with each other to make life interesting getting settings right

Given that it's A grip damper the fork can't be more than 2 years old , so I would be 98% sure it's solo-air

Did Fox even have dual-air forks?

Did Fox even have dual-air forks?

Nope. They used to have coil negative springs, but moved to an air negative spring system that looks very much like Fox's Solo Air system in 2016 when they launched the FIT4 damper.

take back to the shop. it doesn't sound right. then whilst a shop, check if there is another bike with an identical fork to compare.

Nope. They used to have coil negative springs, but moved to an air negative spring system that looks very much like Fox's Rockshox? Solo Air system in 2016 when they launched the FIT4 damper.

Nope. They used to have coil negative springs, but moved to an air negative spring system that looks very much like Fox's Rockshox? Solo Air system in 2016 when they launched the FIT4 damper.

Fingers working faster than brain...