Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

so glad I read this - I'm loving my farrbar and I have the bolt on aero but haven't tried it as I wanted to see how the farrbar was on it's own.   I'm not adding the bolt on but will try it on another bike and would have over torqued

post-81229-0-73935400-1540407845_thumb.jpg

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so glad I read this - I'm loving my farrbar and I have the bolt on aero but haven't tried it as I wanted to see how the farrbar was on it's own.   I'm not adding the bolt on but will try it on another bike and would have over torqued

awesome - we can't wait to see the setup!!! the Carbon Endurance MTB Handlebar matched to the Aero Bolt-On is proving a very popular combo!!!

post-121972-0-56668500-1540482630_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-24296000-1540482642_thumb.jpg

PAYDAY Special --- FREE DELIVERY on all SA orders over R 500!!

from CLOTHING to SADDLES to CARBON HANDLEBARS - we have a full range of FARR upgrades for both you and your bike  :clap:  :clap:

Click HERE to visit the ONLINE SHOP

-- fast and efficient delivery door-to-door via ARAMEX 

-- safe and secure payment via PAYGATE 

post-121972-0-81247500-1540534361_thumb.jpg

My Farr bar just arrived, nothing better than a Friday afternoon, some new parts, a beer, and some music while you install said new parts on your bike. Even the dog gets excited when the courier drops off new parts...

post-82251-0-74080800-1540553758_thumb.jpg

Here is the bike all done (for now). It has a bit of an identity issue, an endurance bike with Fox 34s, 2.4" rubber, and a 150mm dropper post! But at least it'll be comfy on a long ride. Dropper post will be replaced with a rigid post for endurance events - allows me to add a 3rd water bottle.

post-82251-0-95652700-1540553928_thumb.jpg

Farr kit looking pretty slick.... Garmin goes on the top tube, and light will go on the aero clip on.

post-82251-0-80103700-1540553950_thumb.jpg

Initial impressions - the bar and clip on both look very well made. The only potential gripe I have is that the aero clip on changes the way you can hold onto the farr bar which could potentially mean you will want to use the farr bar less. I'll take everything for a spin this weekend - very happy with how it all looks for now!

If the aero clip on feels in the way then it will end up on a road bike at some point - very cool piece of kit!

Edited by Grease_Monkey

My Farr bar just arrived, nothing better than a Friday afternoon, some new parts, a beer, and some music while you install said new parts on your bike. Even the dog gets excited when the courier drops off new parts...

attachicon.gif20181026_133039.jpg

Here is the bike all done (for now). It has a bit of an identity issue, an endurance bike with Fox 34s, 2.4" rubber, and a 150mm dropper post! But at least it'll be comfy on a long ride. Dropper post will be replaced with a rigid post for endurance events - allows me to add a 3rd water bottle.

attachicon.gif20181026_133007.jpg

Farr kit looking pretty slick.... Garmin goes on the top tube, and light will go on the aero clip on.

attachicon.gif20181026_132948.jpg

Initial impressions - the bar and clip on both look very well made. The only potential gripe I have is that the aero clip on changes the way you can hold onto the farr bar which could potentially mean you will want to use the farr bar less. I'll take everything for a spin this weekend - very happy with how it all looks for now!

If the aero clip on feels in the way then it will end up on a road bike at some point - very cool piece of kit!

awesome news!! tks for posting the pics. 

keen to hear your first-ride impressions - we have seen the Aero Bolt-On being used on Gravel Bikes and MTB's --- also had a few enquiries from Triathletes  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

awesome news!! tks for posting the pics.

keen to hear your first-ride impressions - we have seen the Aero Bolt-On being used on Gravel Bikes and MTB's --- also had a few enquiries from Triathletes :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

First ride impressions:

The aero bolt on works great, it gets you in a really good position for pedaling and is lekker comfy, but the position it clips onto the endurance bar means that I can't hold the bar nicely - the aero bolt on catches my thumb, and pushes my hands too far outboard on the bars to give support to the palms, and I can't wrap my fingers around the bar - so it renders the endurance bar unusable for me.

So yeah, I think both products are awesome individually but don't work so well together for me. I will keep the endurance bar on my XC bike, and put the aero clip-on on a road bike in the future.

Please don't get my post wrong though - the combination isn't comfortable for me - doesn't mean it won't be for others, I think it's gonna come down to how big your hands are and how you want to position your hands.

First ride impressions:

The aero bolt on works great, it gets you in a really good position for pedaling and is lekker comfy, but the position it clips onto the endurance bar means that I can't hold the bar nicely - the aero bolt on catches my thumb, and pushes my hands too far outboard on the bars to give support to the palms, and I can't wrap my fingers around the bar - so it renders the endurance bar unusable for me.

So yeah, I think both products are awesome individually but don't work so well together for me. I will keep the endurance bar on my XC bike, and put the aero clip-on on a road bike in the future.

Please don't get my post wrong though - the combination isn't comfortable for me - doesn't mean it won't be for others, I think it's gonna come down to how big your hands are and how you want to position your hands.

I too ordered both items - and also please try this for yourself rather than listening to me - I found the Farrbar an amazing piece of kit on its' own - with the aero clip on I found my best position was taken away.  But all is not lost because I have bike issues so there is always somewhere to put a new addition -  I added the aero bar to my gravel bike beefing it up to a chunky 7.8kgs - I rode 70km today and for 40 I thought, "I don't think I need this"  The longer the ride, the more I used it and I found the additional positions relaxed my shoulders.  I'm a big fan of both products, but for me, not together

post-81229-0-46443300-1540643853_thumb.jpg

guys and girls - don't forget about our PAYDAY SPECIAL ---- get FREE DELIVERY until 31 October ( orders + R 500 and within South Africa )

post-121972-0-42645300-1540791890_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-81528600-1540791902_thumb.png

post-121972-0-96738300-1540791911_thumb.jpg

tick tock........don't MISS OUT.

our PAYDAY SPECIAL ENDS TODAY --- get FREE DELIVERY on all orders over R500!!!!

( SA customers only )

post-121972-0-62866100-1540981929_thumb.jpg

Want to order two pairs of gloves but shipping is being added. Please help!

sorry - please try again - it should now work until 24:00 tonight.

we're excited to see Frans Claes finish 2nd at the final stage of the W2W and 4th Overall on GC - Frans has been using our gloves since the Cape Epic and we will be sponsoring him again for the 2019 season - a great ambassador and racer!!!

( pic taken in Europe ) 

post-121972-0-12225500-1541387673_thumb.jpg

PAYDAY Special --- FREE DELIVERY on all SA orders over R 500!!

from CLOTHING to SADDLES to CARBON HANDLEBARS - we have a full range of FARR upgrades for both you and your bike  :clap:  :clap:

Click HERE to visit the ONLINE SHOP

-- fast and efficient delivery door-to-door via ARAMEX 

-- safe and secure payment via PAYGATE 

Any possibility of obtaining 1000ml water bottles from somewhere?

Do you perhaps stock such items?

Thanks