I did the ol' classic stupid

bologniusmaximus

Have done the trail many times before. And it seems like it's just one of those rules that I've forgotten.

You all know the one; never stop on a wooden bridge if it's wet.

In any case, I stopped because we heard people shouting ahead. Lost my balance. Fell head first into a ravine.

Helmet is smashed. And I have a concussion. But I am fine otherwise. Lekker bruised, but a lesson is a lesson.

If I wasn't wearing a trail lid the rocks would have slammed my neck.

Safety first boys and girls.5079ee3a116ca0f372ce4b85d6f16ea9.jpgb927e90e100a82d6ba2e07c69222fc8e.jpg2969e031039cd601c919a6df216cd099.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Although the rule is "don't stop on wet wood", I think the rule of "always stop or slow down if you hear shouting ahead" trumps it.

Obvs the ability to not fall off your bike and land on your head would be an advantage in this sort of situation.

Glad it wasn't more serious.

Agreed, I slammed head first into a tree last week and had it not been for my Ambush I would been toast! It's interesting that often people spend upward of 50k on a bike but skimp on the helmet - to be honest that was me with my first helmet - never again - feeling how hard my head hit that tree and still being able to cycle home shows you how important a quality helmet is.

Saw the ambulances too - have a feeling they were trying to respond to one of those emergency app alerts as they drOve around for quite a whilst and never seemed to find their patient!

Edited by Wet Ears

Expensive mistake. All the best.

Very! Still waiting to hear back from Omnico on the accident replacement warranty thing.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk