The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I need some of those batteries, I have 2 units that have stuffed batteries sadly

@NotSoBigBen are you willing to sell 1 of those units

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Arrie said:

@NotSoBigBen are you willing to sell 1 of those units

I may but not yet, I have this idea I'm busy with to use 2*18650's and 1 of the 'control units' in a 3D printed 'container' for want of a better word

Busy with the design, hope to print a prototype in the coming days

I'll keep y'all updated

Does anyone have a box full or even just one of these? I find it very weird that I ran out of them :oops:. No need for the screws and spacers

Screenshot_20231007_144309_Brave.jpg

1 hour ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Does anyone have a box full or even just one of these? I find it very weird that I ran out of them :oops:. No need for the screws and spacers

I have a handful you are welcome to them.

spent some time fixing a security guards bike. new cables and all, only to find the front (3x) shifter is toast, as is the rear brake caliper. while the shifter isnt a deal breaker, the stopping mechanism is kinda key.

front brake works but has no pads.

does anyone either have an set of calipers or some parts i can try restore the brakes with and anyone know what pads work on those cheap cable discs?

its on on of those Melinda mountain bikes, the brake name looks like it says Tessa or similar - possibly like a promax

i'll send a photo shortly

I have plenty bolts too. Let me know what you need.

20231007_162401.jpg

20231007_162432.jpg

16 minutes ago, RossTopher said:

spent some time fixing a security guards bike. new cables and all, only to find the front (3x) shifter is toast, as is the rear brake caliper. while the shifter isnt a deal breaker, the stopping mechanism is kinda key.

front brake works but has no pads.

does anyone either have an set of calipers or some parts i can try restore the brakes with and anyone know what pads work on those cheap cable discs?

its on on of those Melinda mountain bikes, the brake name looks like it says Tessa or similar - possibly like a promax

i'll send a photo shortly

I will gift him a new set of hydraulic along with a shifter, send me a dm

I need this one please Barry

20231007_162401.jpg.42a8d35a78dfd1244c7a974937b7f6d0~2.jpg

Sure no problem take them all then you have a variety. Give me a shout or get Philippe to pop by. 

5 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I will gift him a new set of hydraulic along with a shifter, send me a dm

thanks Robert. hate to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but i think hydro's may complicate matters.

its beyond my abilities, and he works night shifts, so i only get to work on it after hours.

i may stump up for a set of brake calipers if i find some going for cheap

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a vintage road seat post 20mm - happy to purchase or free if it’s going. Thanks 0618488324

I am looking for an SLX shifter - it’s my LHS one. 
I just donated the Avids the bike came with and now I can’t in all good consciousness sell a bike with a shot brake lever.

The idea of buying a whole new set of brakes for a bike that’s on the market for a song, is a tough sit with me. 

If anyone has one lying around it would be appreciated- happy to pay for it. 😊

18 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

I just donated the Avids the bike came with and now I can’t in all good consciousness sell a bike with a shot brake lever.

The idea of buying a whole new set of brakes for a bike that’s on the market for a song, is a tough sit with me. 

Are you looking for a SLX shifter or brakes? Or both?.

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

Do you have a photo ?