Enduro Bike rentals CT?

Mongooser

Hi Hubbers

Does anyone if there are bike shops in Capetown that rent enduro bikes or do paid demos?.
I want to try my first enduro next weekend, but i'm not allowed to enter with my DH bike

Any idea where I could get a bike for the day?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Dan Dobson @ iRide should have some... DD is also key organiser of the WC enduro at Hoggies on the weekend. 

http://www.irideafrica.com/bike-hire/

Anyone made use of this rental service? What condition are the bikes in? 

I'll be in CT and surrounds next year April and want to sample some trails, but the thought of lugging my own bike all the way from Europe just for one or two days of riding is not very appealing. 

Must say, R800 p/d for the Enduro is eye-wateringly expensive! Jeesh. 

Seems pretty reasonable by international standards...

Considering they probably have to clean and service them after every rental it's not a lot of money.

Dan is your man. Not cheap, but you getting quality bikes that are kept in top knick.

My Trance is one of his old rental fleet I bought 6 years ago and still riding it!

Hi Hubbers

Does anyone if there are bike shops in Capetown that rent enduro bikes or do paid demos?.

I want to try my first enduro next weekend, but i'm not allowed to enter with my DH bike

Any idea where I could get a bike for the day?

Thanks

what enduro race does not allow you to enter with any bike? has it gone there so soon already? that sucks? would it be seen as an unfair advantage in the case of DH? genuinely asking because im considering entering a one or two next year on my new 'bmx' lol (LTHT cotic bfe)

what enduro race does not allow you to enter with any bike? has it gone there so soon already? that sucks? would it be seen as an unfair advantage in the case of DH? genuinely asking because im considering entering a one or two next year on my new 'bmx' lol (LTHT cotic bfe)

Your hardtail will be allowed, there is even prizes for the top guys on hardtails. Quite common practice not to allow DH bikes in these races, you have to pedal quite far and climb alot - Ezel was 50km, Jonkers 30km with 2000m climbing - no one will make that on a DH bike.

Your hardtail will be allowed, there is even prizes for the top guys on hardtails. Quite common practice not to allow DH bikes in these races, you have to pedal quite far and climb alot - Ezel was 50km, Jonkers 30km with 2000m climbing - no one will make that on a DH bike.

somewhere there is a crazy ox able to pedal a dh bike 50km im sure lol...like those single speed types ^_^ Guess it must also have to do with the fact that MAYBE a dh bike carries a slight advantage over an enduro bike on timed dh section?...BUT, didn't a guy win one of the local DH events on an enduro machine this year? 

somewhere there is a crazy ox able to pedal a dh bike 50km im sure lol...like those single speed types ^_^ Guess it must also have to do with the fact that MAYBE a dh bike carries a slight advantage over an enduro bike on timed dh section?...BUT, didn't a guy win one of the local DH events on an enduro machine this year?

Yeah, crazy how capable Enduro bikes have become. Sam Hill took part in a World Cup DH race on one and placed extremely well. Anyway, I'm sure some guy could pedal his DH bike with wide range gearing for 50km, but the large majority will end up not making cut offs at stages.

Either way, your LTHT will do fine at most Enduros - probably more suited to some trails (eg: Conties) than full sus bikes.

Anyone made use of this rental service? What condition are the bikes in? 

I'll be in CT and surrounds next year April and want to sample some trails, but the thought of lugging my own bike all the way from Europe just for one or two days of riding is not very appealing. 

Must say, R800 p/d for the Enduro is eye-wateringly expensive! Jeesh. 

https://ridein.co.za/bike-rentals/

...maybe not "enduro bike" but they do rent out Cambers, Stumpjumpers etc... another option is to contact BMT in Stellenbosch.

http://bmtsa.co.za

or follow the other posts.

cheers

Archived