TrailWarrior

For the 36One and finally deciding to try out the (one by)....in this case 1x12.... what would you guys say? 

A 32 or a 34 chainwheel up front for this kinda terrain?

10-50 T cassette

The last 2 years I've done it on a 2x11 with a 38 on the front and a 9-46 and not needed the smaller chain ring on the front. There are plenty of sections where a bigger chain ring helps, and a 10-50 should be more than enough! I say 34!

Hmmmm, team title up for grabs then  :ph34r:

Yup - it is. Speak to Kevin and get yourselves organised. I suspect there are a couple of people eyeing that title!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with 32 on 1x12 and 11/50.

WELL THEN Dogs! Maybe there is a chance you and I should get together 2019 36One and ride this beast....maybe get a couple of others to join the bus too.....  :thumbup:

Still undecided on this 32 or 34....but give it some time... :)

Edited by TrailWarrior

• 1 month later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!

Trust your 36One training is coming along and way underway!!

May the year ahead be everything 'cycling' that you wish for!!

127 Days to go.......  :clap:

Longer nights...shorter days......  :ph34r:

Edited by TrailWarrior

• 3 weeks later...

Just entered 36one Solo. See you guys in May 17-19 for some Fun.

Awesome stuff!!!

A May month event.......pray it will be way cooler than April. I'm sure the evenings are going to ice up!

Good luck with the training GAP

Awesome stuff!!!

A May month event.......pray it will be way cooler than April. I'm sure the evenings are going to ice up!

Good luck with the training GAP

See you all there. Solo too...

I'm sure the early hours of the morning are gonna be crazy cold !!

• 2 weeks later...

For the 36One and finally deciding to try out the (one by)....in this case 1x12.... what would you guys say? 

10-50 T cassette

I did  my first 36ONE on a 1x11 32T in the front and 11-42 at the back ... I managed to place about 150th or thereabouts... was tough. 

This year I am using a 1x11 34T in the front and 11-46 at the back. Should be better. Not gonna change sprockets and cassettes just for this one event.

Unless you planning to win?  plan you stops, nutrition etc better than worrying too much about bike setup. I underestimated the cold by a huge margin and froze my butt off!

10-50 T cassette

I'd go 32. If you have an XD driver with 10t (10-50t or 10-42t) cassette you will have enough top end. I know the guy that came third last year runs a 32t with Sram GX Eagle 10-50t. He recons you don't spend enough time at high speeds to justify a 34t, but you do wanna be able to recover on climbs with the 32t. If a 32t gives enough top end for him it will surely give enough for the rest of the field?

If you are using an 11-42/46/50t cassette then obviously ignore above comment. A 32 on that cassette spins out fast.

• 1 month later...

Broke my collarbone in a mtb race 3 weeks ago "faaaak", on the spinning bike just keep the legs going, but can't put the big km in just yet, Frustrated big time.

Broke my collarbone in a mtb race 3 weeks ago "faaaak", on the spinning bike just keep the legs going, but can't put the big km in just yet, Frustrated big time.

Don't always need the 'big km' GAP. Work on getting healed and work on interval training sets. If you do them properly, you will be strong to go! Trust me.  ;)  Good luck with the recovery and healing!

Afternoon all

Solo entry available, had operation and it's been confirmed I will not be ready...

With garment and supporter T-shirt - R2485.

Make me an offer.

Don't always need the 'big km' GAP. Work on getting healed and work on interval training sets. If you do them properly, you will be strong to go! Trust me.  ;)  Good luck with the recovery and healing!

Thanks bud, ya keeping those sessions going, I'll be there on the start line 17 May.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all

Solo entry available, had operation and it's been confirmed I will not be ready...

With garment and supporter T-shirt - R2485.

Make me an offer.

BUMMER!!

Went for my six week check-up today (broken collarbone), bone has knitted nice, just need to go for a few physio sessions. Will start riding on the road the weekend, start slowly and feel it out then build up some distance, still going strong on the IDT. 36one is still on the cards.

Edited by GAP

Went for my six week check-up today (broken collarbone), bone has knitted nice, just need to go for a few physio sessions. Will start riding on the road the weekend, start slowly and feel it out then build up some distance, still going strong on the IDT. 36one is still on the cards.

How do they say........ "courage under fire''..... lol! Good for you! :thumbup: