TrailWarrior

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not nearly enough - YTD 1430 + some spin classes...it's going to be another long 36One for me, but at least have experience with that (28 and 31 hour finishes)  :whistling:

Will it ever be enough....? I'm up to about 2200km YTD and spending roughly 8hrs a week on the bike at the moment, with a couple of strength and core sessions a week thrown in.

Will hopefully be able to improve on my 28 hour of last year....as long as my wonky knees behave I would like to finish in 24.

Forgot to add, not much climbing in my riding, which will surely bite me in the butt.

Edited by hboli4

Hi. What size are you?

Afternoon all

Solo entry available, had operation and it's been confirmed I will not be ready...

With garment and supporter T-shirt - R2485.

Make me an offer.

How many km or hours per week are you guys up to at the moment.

Year to date...2300km and 32100m elevation excluding running.

With running (I'm not much of a runner), Jan 39 hours, Feb 36 hours, March 45 hours and April to date 18 hours.

I have absolutely no idea if I'm doing enough, never done 36one before!

With running (I'm not much of a runner), Jan 39 hours, Feb 36 hours, March 45 hours and April to date 18 hours.

You are overtraining, stop now :P

I guess it depends on what your goal is and what you know you are capable of, but if those were my numbers and times I will not be worried at all...

That said, after 12 hours on a bike it becomes more and more mental by the hour, or is that minute...

That sounds pretty decent...just pace yourself, it's flipping far!!!!

Edited by GAP

You are overtraining, stop now :P

I guess it depends on what your goal is and what you know you are capable of, but if those were my numbers and times I will not be worried at all...

That said, after 12 hours on a bike it becomes more and more mental by the hour, or is that minute...

More mental by the minute I would say. I'd be stoked if I can finish before sunset on Saturday.

That's the only goal I've set myself...apart from not over thinking this whole "adventure"

That sounds pretty decent...just pace yourself, it's flipping far!!!!

Cheers, I plan to pace myself and doing my long training rides that way too.

How your numbers shaping up?

Cheers, I plan to pace myself and doing my long training rides that way too.

How your numbers shaping up?

I broke my collarbone 7 weeks ago, was on the IDT for 5 weeks, rode Saturday (3hrs) and Sunday (2hrs) on the road for the first time, very happy to be back, will pick it up for the next 5 weeks.

Edited by GAP

I broke my collarbone 7 weeks ago, was on the IDT for 5 weeks, rode Saturday (3hrs) and Sunday (2hrs) on the road for the first time, very happy to be back, will pick it up for the next 5 weeks.

Glad you back on the road! All the best for the next 5 weeks....

Hi. What size are you?

Hi

It does not matter if we do a substitution that I have to pay for then you will be able to select your own size when entering

Regards

Driving down from Hartbeespoort solo on the 16th and driving back on the 19th. I have also booked a camping spot at Kleinplaas. 

Anyone want to share travel and/or camping costs? 

Suppose anyone in JHB/PTA on en route would work. 

Will it ever be enough....? I'm up to about 2200km YTD and spending roughly 8hrs a week on the bike at the moment, with a couple of strength and core sessions a week thrown in.

Will hopefully be able to improve on my 28 hour of last year....as long as my wonky knees behave I would like to finish in 24.

Forgot to add, not much climbing in my riding, which will surely bite me in the butt.

36 Days to 36-One chaps!!

Can you feel it!!!  :clap:  .....

or are you not feeling it?  :eek:

hboli4 - I'm pretty much in the same boat - but not as much climbing -

coming off a nice base in December, (2600km 2019 YTD done so far) -

Probably be and hoping for 3500km by the time get to start date.

#5 coming up. Of the last 4 - x2 DNF (one under trained, one technical) I just want to finish this one. I think many would like to hit that magical "under 24hrs" target but I think it really comes down to on the day - how your training went, how you feel, conditions, how you manage yourself, nutrition etc.

BUT! the main thing!

Kudos to all who get themselves and their machines on the start line on race day!! 

36 Days to 36-One chaps!!

Can you feel it!!!  :clap:  .....

or are you not feeling it?  :eek:

hboli4 - I'm pretty much in the same boat - but not as much climbing -

coming off a nice base in December, (2600km 2019 YTD done so far) -

Probably be and hoping for 3500km by the time get to start date.

#5 coming up. Of the last 4 - x2 DNF (one under trained, one technical) I just want to finish this one. I think many would like to hit that magical "under 24hrs" target but I think it really comes down to on the day - how your training went, how you feel, conditions, how you manage yourself, nutrition etc.

BUT! the main thing!

Kudos to all who get themselves and their machines on the start line on race day!! 

I'm actually quite excited, if only for the fact that my cousin will ride his first one and I will have some company. Entered solo but will try and ride together,

Will probably also sit on the same mark km wise.

Very true, on such a long event lots can go wrong, I guess I've just had luck on my side so far when it comes to not having a DNF.

Not nearly enough - YTD 1430 + some spin classes...it's going to be another long 36One for me, but at least have experience with that (28 and 31 hour finishes)  :whistling:

Mmmmmm. We have to watch out for guys like you.

They are called 'dark horse'  :whistling: ..... just saying ;)  lol!

Us ou manne have got staying power...... you'll be fine Dogs!