TrailWarrior

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a mil but i cant open the link....says doesnt exist  :eek:

just google Kleinplaas resort Oudtshoorn (the start/finish venue)

they are usually fully booked in advance (if you don't camp)

I can recommend Cul de Sac (about a km from the start) https://www.culdesac.co.za

I can recommend Cul de Sac (about a km from the start) https://www.culdesac.co.za

Riempies Hotel (part of Protea Marriott group) across the road from Kleinplaas is also not bad and is within walking distance.

Riempies Hotel (part of Protea Marriott group) across the road from Kleinplaas is also not bad and is within walking distance.

Thanks a lot guys. Found it....

I need the info as I've never been there in my life.

Will be there solo in May though.....probably looking confused and nervous!!

Just can’t find a spot for this event. Now it will clash with 100miler onthe same weekend. In terms of one day events the previous date had no clashes on the same weekend just that Swartberg 100 Miler was the following weekend. What about June? IMO pick a date & stick to your guns.

You can't even compare this to 100Miler (no offence to Meurant). 36One is in a different league - not just in terms of hardcoreness, but in terms of organisation too. The vibe, the scenery, the riders. A really cool event.

That I won't be doing again any time soon!

New to this event.....

Is the start and finish line in the same place or some distance apart (cant really tell from the website) ?

Also, how far is the start from say the centre of town?

Thanks in advance.

It's Oudtshoorn, nothing is far from the centre of town!

For the 36One and finally deciding to try out the (one by)....in this case 1x12.... what would you guys say? 

A 32 or a 34 chainwheel up front for this kinda terrain?

10-50 T cassette

Edited by TrailWarrior

For the 36One and finally deciding to try out the (one by)....in this case 1x12.... what would you guys say? 

A 32 or a 34 chainwheel up front for this kinda terrain?

10-50 T cassette

34, but change it to 32 in Calitzdorp

I did it on my 2x this year, but I reckon 34t should be fine, there aren't any really steep climbs and the 50 cog should help

34, but change it to 32 in Calitzdorp

I did it on my 2x this year, but I reckon 34t should be fine, there aren't any really steep climbs and the 50 cog should help

I used a 34 last year, it was fine for everything, did not walk anything due to steepness, only walked due to 'legs-and-knees-moertoe' issues after Volmoed.

Changed to a 32 for Sani2C and the steeper stuff there and left it on for Trans etc, think I will just leave the 32 on as I don't feel like I am running out of gears.

Only 5 times :P

I'm skipping 36One to have one last go at a 24hr, another event I've retired from on repeated occasions!

Hmmmm, team title up for grabs then  :ph34r: