Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

Got my invoice yesterday after I spoke to them, paid it and the shipment is on it's way. So if it's delivered tomorrow it'll have been 17 days from purchase with Xmas and NY thrown in. Was also the free shipping option from CRC when I purchased so I actually expected Royal Mail / SAPO and at least a month. 

Had a fork brought by the old courier CRC used take 2 weeks. Aramex usually takes 8 days odd.

With this though I wonder how long it would have sat at the airport before they contacted me and conversely I wonder how quickly I could have got it had I followed up quicker. 

I Have been trying to get hold of them all day. Probably made about 25 calls during the course of the day, with simply no answer. 

Have you got some direct numbers of persons to call? 

I tried the numbers given in a previous post, but they all just ring without any answer.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent emails, complained...just get an apology and a gift voucher...for the suffering cycle to start again...

Yeah I also got refunded my shipping cost today. Not interested in buying from them again so long as they use CRC, so that will just be unused.

Edited by Rich990

I Have been trying to get hold of them all day. Probably made about 25 calls during the course of the day, with simply no answer. 

Have you got some direct numbers of persons to call? 

I tried the numbers given in a previous post, but they all just ring without any answer.

I used the numbers I posted in earlier in the thread. Rang one and got through pretty quick on the first go and then rand the airport one and got through again, got put on hold for a couple of minutes and then package sorted. I think the airport one is the one to go for. 

I used the numbers I posted in earlier in the thread. Rang one and got through pretty quick on the first go and then rand the airport one and got through again, got put on hold for a couple of minutes and then package sorted. I think the airport one is the one to go for. 

Can you send me that number please?

I haven't even received an invoice as yet, and this from Black Friday

Can you send me that number please?

I haven't even received an invoice as yet, and this from Black Friday

Dude, if you can't scroll back 2 pages to find the numbers which were posted here then that might be part of the problem. Pretty sure the guy who found them made some effort. 

Thomo, on 07 Jan 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:snapback.png

Care to share those contact numbers.?

Could be handy in future.

For sure: 

JHB Offices: +27 11 586 1000

CT: +27 21 590 3200

Airport Office: +27 11 571 1905 (Speak to Delize) 

Yep,

Getting through to the people at the airport seems to be the answer. I had to try a number of times to eventually get through, but now there finally seems to be some progress. 

The story behind my delay is as follows:

1. Apparently, Skynet UK forgot to attach the customs invoice for my package, so they couldn't submit it to SARS for clearance. As to why they could only determine this after I called, and after the package has been lying with them for nearly 3 weeks, is beyond anyone's comprehension.

2. The customs invoice was requested to be re sent. I asked to be copied in on the email. 10 minutes later, the UK office replied with a copy of the invoice. 

3. New problem now. Because the value is over R500.00 they need to send it for formal customs clearance, and this can take up to 7 days, only once this has been done, can they give me a value to pay for clearance, and then they will ship out within 48 hours of receiving payment. (Strangely, this all seemed to be news to the people from Skynet... I thought it was standard practice, and exactly why DHL has a dedicated expediated line at SARS, and a web portal where you can log in and make your customs payments)

4. I was also told very directly, that if I dont pay the customs invoice within 7 days of them issuing it to me, I will be charged an R1500.00 penalty. Really? After all your uselessness, you have the audacity to put down terms and conditions like this? Also, do you really think, after all, I have been through, I want to wait any longer than necessary to get my goods? Of course i will pay as soon as you provide me with payment details.

5. Lastly, to really put the icing on the cake of how pathetic they are, I asked if I could at this stage update my delivery details, since I am no longer on holiday in the western cape, where I expected to be when the delivery should have been made. 

No, sorry sir, we cant do that, but if we do, we will have to charge an admin fee for this.

Really? So can you not do an address change, or can you do an address change with an admin fee charged? 

Sorry sir, I am not really sure.....

at that point I gave up. Will have it delivered to my parents in Hermanus, and then will pay a R99.00 admin fee to PostNet to have it send back to me in Pretoria....

and I will not order from CRC again until they changed back to DHL or some other reputable postage company. 

This after spending close on R200k with CRC over the last 10 years

I've been struggling with these SkyNet people as well. Just cant seem to get an invoice out of them. How hard can it be to generate an invoice and get me to part with my money ?!

Logged a complaint with CRC this morning. Dont expect that will help considering what I have read on this forum.

A friend of mine has mentioned that using Amarex is a better option. You buy your goods and ship to a local Amarex address. You save on shipping costs immediately. Then you pay R200 to Amarex and they take care of the rest.Has anyone on this forum had any experience with Amarex ?

I've been struggling with these SkyNet people as well. Just cant seem to get an invoice out of them. How hard can it be to generate an invoice and get me to part with my money ?!

Logged a complaint with CRC this morning. Dont expect that will help considering what I have read on this forum.

A friend of mine has mentioned that using Amarex is a better option. You buy your goods and ship to a local Amarex address. You save on shipping costs immediately. Then you pay R200 to Amarex and they take care of the rest.Has anyone on this forum had any experience with Amarex ?

You end up paying VAT in whatever country you purchase and then SA VAT, so if you buying off ebay or from China it's well worth it but not if you purchasing from any European online stores.

Dude, if you can't scroll back 2 pages to find the numbers which were posted here then that might be part of the problem. Pretty sure the guy who found them made some effort. 

For sure: 

They are beyond useless. I have given up.

Delize was the first person to contact me (via e-mail) that my package has arrived. Some two weeks later I finally get an invoice from another person, promptly paid, and sent through proof of payment.  

It has now been almost two months since my order was placed and paid for express shipping. Numerous phone calls (including the airport branch), more than 20 e-mails later, still nothing. This after they actually confirm in e-mail that the package will be released. I'm still waiting.

I have now e-mailed Chainreactioncycles and told them to cancel my order and ask their useless courier "partner" to return the package to them, as they are clearly not interested in delivering it to me. I also want a full refund. I'm awaiting their response.

You end up paying VAT in whatever country you purchase and then SA VAT, so if you buying off ebay or from China it's well worth it but not if you purchasing from any European online stores.

I gladly pay the VAT, twice. Their service is brilliant. Bought loads of stuff and use my AramexGlobalShopper account. Their service is brilliant.

They are beyond useless. I have given up.

Delize was the first person to contact me (via e-mail) that my package has arrived. Some two weeks later I finally get an invoice from another person, promptly paid, and sent through proof of payment.  

It has now been almost two months since my order was placed and paid for express shipping. Numerous phone calls (including the airport branch), more than 20 e-mails later, still nothing. This after they actually confirm in e-mail that the package will be released. I'm still waiting.

I have now e-mailed Chainreactioncycles and told them to cancel my order and ask their useless courier "partner" to return the package to them, as they are clearly not interested in delivering it to me. I also want a full refund. I'm awaiting their response.

I must say I am thoroughly disappointed in CRC take on this issue. They don't really seem to care about how useless SkyNet is. I have contacted them about this, and always just get generic replies. It seems that it is not just a Skynet South Africa issue. A simple google search seems to show it as a problem all over the world. They obviously do not have any control systems in place. 

How does a company with the footprint of CRC decide to go into a partnership with a courier company that has a Trustpilot rating of 1? seriously? 

The difference in VAT is made up by the saving in shipping, especially since you pay for express shipping at Skynet, but then don't receive your item for weeks. So it may actually just be worth it.

Technically, you shouldn't need to pay VAT in SA, if you can prove you have paid it in the UK, but I think the admin on this might just be a little too much to be worth the effort

For sure: 

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

Thanks by the way...

I've used Aramex a lot and they are good. Sure you pay the full price and then get duties / Vat on top depending on what you order but to be honest on a lot of stuff you still come out winning when comparing to local prices.

Update on my package is it's due for delivery tomorrow after paying on the 8th. Seems like I've had a pretty smooth ride compared to most and event though it's been a bit longer than Aramex but it's not been too bad at all for me.

Last time I got big package with DHL or who ever CRC used before they mistakenly put the wrong info on and I ended up having to pay duties, VAT, R200 handling from them and customs fee so there are ups and downs. TBH looking about at the experiences here CRC need to take action because they are going to see a massive drop off in customers from outside the EU from simply partnering with a bad company. 

Still haven't received my black Friday order. I did receive R438 back for express shipping which hasn't been too express.

I actually received my package today. Completely out of the blue. Forgot about my order so it was like a surprise gift. Express in my case took 5 weeks. Granted it was over the festive and black Friday period.