Pro cyclist in possession on stolen bicycle

Edereese

At R120/130K it must be a Black Inc :ph34r:

Black inc is R200k retail

I have exactly the same bike but specked a little different

Throw in wheels, good groupset and a PM and it gives you R145k very quickly.

Edited by Spinnekop

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mod Note:

Chaps as we wade through facts and non facts, remember that this is also a legal case. So keep names away please.

The last thing you would want is the thread closing and removing.

"OK, everyone out of the pool!"

Mod Note:

Chaps as we wade through facts and non facts, remember that this is also a legal case. So keep names away please.

The last thing you would want is the thread closing and removing.

Either way, someone's going to ***

So the possible outcome is if he is not guilty of possession of stolen property then his dad is guilty of insurance fraud? Ouch.

Either way, someone's going to ***

"OK, everyone out of the pool!"

Who sharted?

Edited by Spinnekop

Unfortunately they do the investigative work but often don't follow through on the charges - rather just take a smaller cash settlement from the client/criminal and move on. I recovered 2 bikes a while back from the hub that were part of a R200k insurance fraud case (one of them - https://www.bikehub.co.za/stolenbikes/189-specialized-epic-2015/)  - as far as I know they just reached a financial settlement afterwards and left it at that.

I can only guess the insurers make enough money that they aren't too worried about the loss - the criminal process isn't worth the effort.

Topic Locked

Due to the current investigation on this matter speculation as to the identity of the accused or the circumstances surrounding this will not be allowed.