Homeschoolers Not Welcome at Spur MTB League

Shaun Green

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there has been any hating on HS.  People have pointed out why home schooling does not fit into the Spur structure, and sure, there have been a few good natured prods, but hating?  I am not sure.

What I have seen, however, is a very aggressively defensive position from those on the home schooling side.  Maybe they get gears about the whole thing, but hubbers have actually been pretty decent. 

But I'm sorry, if you find yourself in an alternative lifestyle group, and yes, some have the choice thrust upon them, why SHOULD you get to demand the same benefits that the mainstream majority get?  I doubt people are being intentionally targeted - it is the home-schoolers who are making it hard on themselves

what have you got to loose letting the HS kids race, nothing.....or are the "real school" kids parents scared or something?

the other provinces are A'Ok with this.

what have you got to loose letting the HS kids race, nothing.....or are the "real school" kids parents scared or something?

the other provinces are A'Ok with this.

Bragging rights?

But I'm sorry, if you find yourself in an alternative lifestyle group, and yes, some have the choice thrust upon them, why SHOULD you get to demand the same benefits that the mainstream majority get?  I doubt people are being intentionally targeted - it is the home-schoolers who are making it hard on themselves

Pyga, you are missing a bigger picture here. Home schoolers are part of the school system, if a way can be found to accommodate them in the school league then mtb'ing as a sport and everybody involved in it will ultimately benefit. It can be done in a way that doesn't disrupt the existing league participants. (as is already happening in other provinces)

Our humblest apologies for sponsoring at great expense and time schools cycling for the past decade.

Apologies as well for building up something beautiful that gives only certain kids a great platform to showcase their talents at a school level.

Sorry, you made a typo in your response. There, I corrected it for you.

Pyga, you are missing a bigger picture here. Home schoolers are part of the school system, if a way can be found to accommodate them in the school league then mtb'ing as a sport and everybody involved in it will ultimately benefit. It can be done in a way that doesn't disrupt the existing league participants. (as is already happening in other provinces)

I don't think there has been any hating on HS.  People have pointed out why home schooling does not fit into the Spur structure, and sure, there have been a few good natured prods, but hating?  I am not sure.

What I have seen, however, is a very aggressively defensive position from those on the home schooling side.  Maybe they get gears about the whole thing, but hubbers have actually been pretty decent. 

The majority is always right. :ph34r:

Actually no, I think you have missed the big picture. 

The big picture has nothing to do with this or that kid getting excluded for whatever reason.  The big picture is understanding the consequences of attacking the series financial sponsor.

My position has been clear from the start:

I do not support  attacks on the financial supporter of a cycling discipline.  PERIOD. 

Turns out, the rules were set by regional bodies, so your fight lies with those guys. 

I have no view on home schooling. 

I do not wish any kids to be excluded.

Again, I do not support the attacks on a financial supporter of a cycling discipline, AND ESPECIALLY ONE THAT HAS NOT SET THE RULES OF PARTICIPATION!!!!!!

You risk the ENTIRE series by continuing with this BS hate on Spur

I hope this incredibly unfair, exclusionary and discriminatory practice will spur the home schoolers into starting their own league. They can call it the Spur'ned MTB League, and perhaps get sponsored by McD's.

I hope this incredibly unfair, exclusionary and discriminatory practice will spur the home schoolers into starting their own league. They can call it the Spur'ned MTB League, and perhaps get sponsored by McD's.

The Spar Schools Mtb League?

For homeschool kids only. No "normal" kids allowed. 

Maybe Spar can sponsor a schools boxing league?

For the parents, that will be brilliant!

Archived