Road Rage!

HelloRyanFowler

Walk away from it

Unless you have lots of time.

Just toooo many hoops.

(and a willing witness)

(flame suite on)

So even if there are too many hoops, and nothing comes of it, at least the driver will get a scare, and maybe behave from hereon. 

It's because of this attitude that nothing happens to these guys, because everyone just leaves it. 

Not reporting this guy, makes you part of the problem, not the solution, and you settle being a victim. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry OP. You kinda got what were coming to you (not what you necessarily deserved). By confronting an enraged driver you were just provoking him further. If you're not prepared to escalate a confrontation it's best to just let it go. You can't really have a rational and peaceful discussion with someone that exhibits irrational behaviour. Could've ended much worse for you if the guy was a real scumbag.

Ditto on the laying of charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So even if there are too many hoops, and nothing comes of it, at least the driver will get a scare, and maybe behave from hereon. 

It's because of this attitude that nothing happens to these guys, because everyone just leaves it. 

Not reporting this guy, makes you part of the problem, not the solution, and you settle being a victim.

Nope he wont, police wont even go and talk to him if there is not severe physical injuries.

Wow, you handled that pretty well!

I would lay a charge, too many people happy to take the **** given and not do anything about it and then complain about it. If he has done this once, chances are he will do it again and if it comes up again at least police should see the repeat offender and do something about it. But if they don't know, then nothing can be done about it.

My 5cents worth and now putting it bak in my pocket.

windeed.co.za

You can use it to track down the owner/driver of the vehicle, R150.

What you do from there is up to you, but 50-60 cyclists parked on his driveway 'changing a tube for an hour or 2' when he needs to leave for work could be fun...

If your bike is insured make an insurance claim with his details - they will find him in a flash.

And for sure report it and document your injuries if any - this requires a specific medico legal form to be completed by your doc.

Definitely open an assault case. Also go to your nearest GP to have a J88 form completed to document your injuries.

It's not as much effort as everyone thinks, open case, attend Court a few times and start teaching a few expensive lessons.

If he lawyer's up in the Criminal case it will cost him north of R20k. So regardless of the outcome he would have learned some lesson...

windeed.co.za

You can use it to track down the owner/driver of the vehicle, R150.

What you do from there is up to you, but 50-60 cyclists parked on his driveway 'changing a tube for an hour or 2' when he needs to leave for work could be fun...

Not a bad idea.

Walk away from it

Unless you have lots of time.

Just toooo many hoops.

(and a willing witness)

(flame suite on)

agree. lots of c#$nts out there. Not worth the time or effort. 

I don't commute on a bicycle but they are always trying to kill me on the motorbike. I used to pull zap signs, or hoot or bang on their car... 

now i'm just like, yeah **** and carry on with my life. defo not worth getting angry over.

That being said, if he punched me, i would have lost it. so big up for keeping your cool.

He also has his kid in the back seat. Good role model he is. 

It's not a waste of your time, the prosecutor will deal with the matter on your behalf. You will only be called in at a stage once the investigation is done to possibly attempt to mediate the matter. Unless you advise the prosecutor that you won't mediate the matter and they must proceed to trial, where you will testify to the events that occurred on the day.

Punching someone in the face is a game changer nowadays.

He's in deep **** and you have his number plate and photo.

Report this and follow it up. The next person he punches might not be so lucky as to walk away.

Also, practise your "ducking" technique?

;-)

Proceed for our fellow cyclists and road users, the court will make an example of this individual and hopefully prevent other drivers from conducting themselves in a reckless manner on the roads.

I'll bet that SUV has some hefty loan payments outstanding. And I'll bet his employer will not be too pleased with his actions if a criminal charge is laid against him. You tried to reason with this A-hole and all you got back was abuse and violence. Behaving like that, you deserve what is coming. Lay a charge and let the cards fall from there

I totally agree with you and my reaction would be - go after him - but reality is a   ..... 

The amount of time and effort that will be needed is immense and then nothing comes of it.

The only way for it to possibly work is if you throw money at it and the amount will be insane and then it might just result in a slap on the wrist. If you want the state to prosecute - good luck.

Me too victim of road rage while cycling.

I totally agree with you and my reaction would be - go after him - but reality is a   ..... 

The amount of time and effort that will be needed is immense and then nothing comes of it.

The only way for it to possibly work is if you throw money at it and the amount will be insane and then it might just result in a slap on the wrist. If you want the state to prosecute - good luck.

Me too victim of road rage while cycling.

OK, so apply that logic and approach to any crime....

If no one speaks up, no one should complain again, ever. 

Do you have any witnesses? If you do, go lay an assault charge and open an accident report. If not, either save your time and walk away or look him up and have a quiet chat about his manners.

Well done on keeping calm though.

Archived