Road Rage!

HelloRyanFowler

Rosmead, Kenilworth area, is this not the same dude that beat up that domestic worker because he thought she was the "working girl" kind?

the one that owned the bike shop and still winning races?

or sorry that was he's father in law

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for the input.

Apparently CPR is for "Clairpark Residents" which is the small area from Keurboom Road to Avenue de Mist, and from Belvedere Road up to the Cricket Club. Anyone know anyone is this area who might be able to help me track the guy down? I'm going to suggest that we meet at his house, head out on a 10 km ride together, including Rosmead, ending at my house where he can meet my family before sitting down for a beer and a chat. Maybe (just maybe) there is an opportunity for one motorist to come to an understanding that it's edgy for cyclists out there, and that cyclists are also dads, husbands, etc. and want to get home in one piece.

This is my standing response to friends, family and acquaintances who talk about cyclist behaviour, "Jump on the bike and come for a 30 minute ride with me, then we talk about cyclist behaviour".

Try dealing with Cape Town's traffic without being surrounded by a ton of metal and crumple zones and thousands of CCs of engine power at the flick of an ankle ....

Thanks all for the input.

Apparently CPR is for "Clairpark Residents" which is the small area from Keurboom Road to Avenue de Mist, and from Belvedere Road up to the Cricket Club. Anyone know anyone is this area who might be able to help me track the guy down? I'm going to suggest that we meet at his house, head out on a 10 km ride together, including Rosmead, ending at my house where he can meet my family before sitting down for a beer and a chat. Maybe (just maybe) there is an opportunity for one motorist to come to an understanding that it's edgy for cyclists out there, and that cyclists are also dads, husbands, etc. and want to get home in one piece.

Fight fire with fire. Punch him in the kisser, then get a mountain bike.

This advice was free,

This advice was free,

And unfortunately not very good. 

......anyway.

Telling a motorist your Garmin/Wahoo has a proximity sensor and alerts when something passes closer than 1 meter also shuts them up, while educating them on the law and they are welcome to accompany you to the police station to verify this fact.

Ask if they would be OK if you passed their kids/wife walking down the road, as close as they passed you. 

It's never fun to put yourself on the receiving end, but sometimes necessary to get a different perspective. 

I should have used comic sans. By quiet chat, I mean help him see the error of his ways. ;)

comic sans would have helped :thumbup:

I'm going to suggest that we meet at his house, head out on a 10 km ride together, including Rosmead, ending at my house where he can meet my family before sitting down for a beer and a chat. Maybe (just maybe) there is an opportunity for one motorist to come to an understanding that it's edgy for cyclists out there, and that cyclists are also dads, husbands, etc. and want to get home in one piece.

I think you're heading for another jab! You keep wanting to reason with a guy who firstly punched you and then wanted to run you over when you wanted to go for a beer.

If you want to be reasonable go and lay a charge. If you don't, then empty a tin of paint stripper over his car. You sound like a 'option 1' kinda guy

What's wrong with gifting him a brick through the drivers window?

He probably thought “what’s wrong with gifting this cyclist a jab!”

He probably thought “what’s wrong with gifting this cyclist a jab!”

One day he will meet the Sheriff... Wyatt will respond appropriately...

What's wrong with gifting him a brick through the drivers window?

Bad one for the Cape - we've just had a 16yr old girl who died after a brick went through their car window - sad days and senseless act.

Bad one for the Cape - we've just had a 16yr old girl who died after a brick went through their car window - sad days and senseless act.

Not good at all - condolences to her family and friends

We now have 2-4 people sitting on every single bridge in and around Durban to monitor rock throwing.

This advice was free,

No, This is not the solution. Why does retaliating with violence have to be the solution? Try that with the wrong oke and he pulls out a glock and shoots you.

From own experience go lay the charge.

Townhouses next door. Sat afternoon. Rugby and alcohol. I arrive home from work.Young neighbour out their gate walks right in front of my car.

I roll down the window, "Sorry man but I almost ran you over." He rushes over starts hitting me through the window.

Big hooha. Neighbours,security, cops etc.

They arrest him unwillingly. At the station I'm in two minds but decide to go through, because he is in the charge office sitting next to me AND IT IS CLEAR HE HAS BEHAVIOUR, ANGER ISSUES.

Eventually it ended up in arbitration with him apologising, and a lady prosecutor that was like a school princpal of old ordering him to attend anger management.

I could choose to continue with charges or accept the apology . I accepted. I feel a lot better about myself today because I did something.

And who knows if you get the right cop you may still have the "beer talk it out thing".

Pesonal story I was in two minds. But I thought it may help.

Try that with the wrong oke and he pulls out a glock and shoots you.

Too true. There are plenty of cases where someone gets shot dead because of road rage. When people are in that state of mind they are not thinking rationally and will put a cap in you without considering the consequences to either party.

Just chuck a brick thru one of his windows, u-turn and scoot off hastily in the other direction, find a dark alley to hide in, change your outfit and call Uber.

The bonus is that high intensity intervals are excellent training programs.

Archived