Do you or George have any promo for Pildich that can be posted

maybe Jane GNC has some flyers or so with contacts dates etc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jip. We had some changes lately.

On Facebook hit 'Pilditch Cycling Track'.

Learn to Ride this weekend - and its free!

League racing starting next week.

Can we share our adverts on this thread?

Can we share our adverts on this thread?

Need to promote Track as a whole not just Central or GNC etc

so this thread is a good start and i think we can jump on board  :clap: but yes OP can give the  :thumbup:  :thumbdown:

Slight slant to toppic. What happened to the indoor track that was going to be built in Potch. A few years back the special wood for the track , costing a fortune " was on the water " ?

How's it guys thought I would let everyone on this thread know that I have taken over from George as the track executive of Gauteng North (Pilditch) we are really putting in a big effort to get the track off the ground and going properly again. It would be greatly appreciated if guysand girls could come join the racing even if it is just to be a spectator. I will post all things happening up here otherwise feel free to contact me anytime. John Vlok 0845800094

Thank to everyone who came to the point simulation today! The next even is the racing on Thursday night come down and race or even just as a spectator.

For Learn to ride at Hector Norris it is best to contact Tim at TC training systems.

081 7022039

tctrainingsystems@gmail.com

From the VWE web site

As a cyclist it is required that you complete a Learn To Ride with TC Training Systems before you can race the league.

The clinic is very benefical for safety reasons, and to build confidence on the track.

The cost of the clinic is R350.00 (track bike is provided) takes place  once a month on a Saturday from 10:30 to 13:30.

Clinic covers the below:

Ø    Basic track etiquette

Ø    Track FAQ

Ø    Lines on the track and what they mean

Ø    Track safety

Ø    Basics bike setup on a track bike

Ø    Basic Balance

Ø    Pedalling awareness

Ø    Obstacle awareness

Ø    Safety when passing

Ø    Centre of gravity guidelines

Ø    Body positioning

Ø    Confidence boosting drills

Ø    Development of speed

I did this course with my wife on Saturday - really enjoyed it (Thanks Tim) and I'd recommend it to anyone trying to improve their bike handling. I've ridden for about 20 years, my wife about 4.

How's it guys thought I would let everyone on this thread know that I have taken over from George as the track executive of Gauteng North (Pilditch) we are really putting in a big effort to get the track off the ground and going properly again. It would be greatly appreciated if guysand girls could come join the racing even if it is just to be a spectator. I will post all things happening up here otherwise feel free to contact me anytime. John Vlok 0845800094

Thanks john

We really enjoyed our ride at Pilditch last night.

For a couple of us it was out first ride there.

What hppened on the tracks in Gauteng

this weekend

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155174649311627&set=pcb.2035517303388811&type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/pilditchcycling/photos/pcb.10160594139125121/10160594136670121/?type=3&theater

Edited by Rolling Stone

'Tapped out' 20k's at HN Park this afternoon, first time on a track. Only previous experience with a fixed gear has been with a fun commuter bike round the suburbs.

That was a serious workout albeit short [emoji26]32341ac48b741b24f32e93b893f05d39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

'Tapped out' 20k's at HN Park this afternoon, first time on a track. Only previous experience with a fixed gear has been with a fun commuter bike round the suburbs.

That was a serious workout albeit short [emoji26]32341ac48b741b24f32e93b893f05d39.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you are comfy on that baby you should consider the 15:30 training group on Wednesdays.

You will get in 35-40 km of solid Structured Training.

Talk to the guys at VWE - you will need to sign a disclaimer incase you need a band-aid or your ego gets damaged when one of the kids beats you on a sprint :). The sessions are structured so that almost any level of rider can benefit from it and get a good workout. That is the beauty of a track environment.

Edited by Rolling Stone

If we were to offer a weekend -  training session at HNP sometime in the future, what do you think would be the correct time and day to do this?

Taking into consideration that the track is mostly occupied on Saturday afternoons from 13:00 to 17:00 with the league races.

If we were to offer a weekend -  training session at HNP sometime in the future, what do you think would be the correct time and day to do this?

Taking into consideration that the track is mostly occupied on Saturday afternoons from 13:00 to 17:00 with the league races.

I guess that leaves Sundays. Maybe 09.00-11.00?