Gauteng Track cycling

Rolling Stone

If we were to offer a weekend -  training session at HNP sometime in the future, what do you think would be the correct time and day to do this?

Taking into consideration that the track is mostly occupied on Saturday afternoons from 13:00 to 17:00 with the league races.

Sat mornings - Then watch the "manne" go at it during the league. I'm assuming training session for newbies.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we included track every Friday afternoon (Date track days) as part of our training. We still on a standard road bikes but need to get track bikes still. 

Track is def making me stronger and hopefully where I want to get to. 

Sat mornings - Then watch the "manne" go at it during the league. I'm assuming training session for newbies.

Yes, once you have completed a track intro course.

HNP lends itself to having a relatively wide range of talent on a single coached session.

The track is wide enough and angles are so that you can basically work on an inner and outer lane with a slower and faster group all at the same time.  Best would be to come and look at Wednesday afternoon sessions where we have from under 11 to Juniors and masters all following a similar program and getting the workout of their life. 

Will update here as soon as other sessions are finalised. Will take a month or two I guess.

For now I would suggest going out there on a Saturday morning and doing some miles by yourself or with a couple of friends. You will very quickly get used to the track. There may even be some music pumping from about 10 am if Rajab has already set everything up. I do however suggest first doing the intro course.

The racers only pich from about 13:00.

Edited by Rolling Stone

John

I think you should start a separate Pilditch tab where your infowill not get lost between all the other stuf

Edited by Rolling Stone

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
the weatherr as well as Gert Fourche's condition has lined up for him to attempt the Hour Record this week

The conditions will be best Thursday late afternoon at Hector Norris Park. 16:30-18:30. For more information contact JP Van Tonder - 082 457 9040

Lets get out there and support Gert.

R10 entry at the gate.

Awesome ride from Gert

New SA one Hour Record

Just over 47kmh average

Previous record was held by James Louter and stood for almost 20 years since 1999https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53f5fb7ce4b0cab4a7fe8561/t/5af02bf4f950b76324a24ce9/1525689333789/20180507_SA+Track+Cycling-MEN+RECORDS-rev+May2018.pdf

To think this is on one of the slowest types of Tracks you can attempt this on. If it was on a wooden-indoor track he would have beaten 50 easily.

More mention has to be made of this also. CSA could at least send it through to SABC news (not that SABC means a lot)

To think this is on one of the slowest types of Tracks you can attempt this on. If it was on a wooden-indoor track he would have beaten 50 easily.

More mention has to be made of this also. CSA could at least send it through to SABC news (not that SABC means a lot)

Taking nothing away from Gert, he did a fantastic effort!

However, I don't believe that a wooden track would have allowed the extra 3km for free...If you look at the difference between the "true hour" record set by Boardman on a "standard" bike over the fully aero machine there is a massive difference and both of those were on wooden tracks....

I don't disagree that it would have been quicker on a wooden track, 3km quicker? 

Anyway well done Gert!