Poor design thread

David Marshall

Good idea, if they drive off in the car and you have the key in YOUR pocket

yup, that's what you're supposed to do!!!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love keyless cars.

Irritates the crap out of me now when I have to fish the key out of my pocket or remember to take the key out the ignition with non keyless cars.

But some manufacturers implement it better than others and I can see where the irritation comes from on some systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toilet seats that don't stay up by themselves, because the cistern is too close to the wall/bowl whatever.

So if you're standing there for a pee, one hand is required to hold the damn thing up.

installed by either:

* a woman plumber (if such a thing exists, can imagine the G-strings they wear to work)

* a male plumber who needs to hand in his man card

Even worse is when it only just stays up and then falls mid pee.

My favorite is part is if you want to turn off the car but keep listening to the radio. You have to press the off button but then the radio turns off. Then you must start the car again but not in park mode so the engine won’t start up but the power returns to the radio.

Keep the car in D, press on the brakes, switch the car off, move lever to P and viola, your car is parked and you you still have the radio on.

Not that I ever remember to do this????????‍♂️

Keep the car in D, press on the brakes, switch the car off, move lever to P and viola, your car is parked and you you still have the radio on.

Not that I ever remember to do this‍♂

That does indeed work. However with the Honda if you then decide to exit the car it won’t switch off properly or lock unless you first start the engine and then turn it off again after engaging Park. All a bit complicated compared to what I have in my bakkie with a key.

That does indeed work. However with the Honda if you then decide to exit the car it won’t switch off properly or lock unless you first start the engine and then turn it off again after engaging Park. All a bit complicated compared to what I have in my bakkie with a key.

Pfft, Honda :blink:

Not that I ever remember to do this‍♂

just don't buy an automatic car :P

this

Normally Murphy decides to pull this stunt when you are needing to aim precise while ensuring you get your zipper handled properly to avoid "spillage", tying up the use of both hands, which means you lean toward the lid to try do both holding up the seat and opening the zipper while still hoping to aim straight.

usually, you end up peeing all over the place, and having to explain the drops on the front of your trousers to your mates / wife / colleagues, depending where you find yourself at that moment.