Scammer - Barry Smith

Stall_Gear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness I decided to google this guys email address as I had a bad feeling!

He is now going by the name of Daniel Williams and he has used the exact same messages from the first WhatsApp message, to the emails, right to the pick-up agent story supposedly to buy a tv cabinet from me.

I am curious though, what is his plan here? I don't see how he is going to steal money from me if he says he is going to pay me through Skrill before I let the pick-up agent collect the item.

I am curious though, what is his plan here? I don't see how he is going to steal money from me if he says he is going to pay me through Skrill before I let the pick-up agent collect the item.

He's going to say he can't afford to pay the pick up agent, can you please pay for them (usually at Shoprite) and then he'll just include that with the final skrill payment for your cabinet.

Obviously there is no pick up agent, just like there is no Barry Smith or Daniel Williams.

He's going to say he can't afford to pay the pick up agent, can you please pay for them (usually at Shoprite) and then he'll just include that with the final skrill payment for your cabinet.

Obviously there is no pick up agent, just like there is no Barry Smith or Daniel Williams.

So what you are saying is that people are actually dumb enough to go pay the pick-up agent at shoprite before the funds from "daniel"/"Barry" have cleared in their accounts?

So what you are saying is that people are actually dumb enough to go pay the pick-up agent at shoprite before the funds from "daniel"/"Barry" have cleared in their accounts?

Every single day

He makes a living off stupid people

Desperate sellers do silly things.

It's a well know fact, and this is not a new thing, that people will gamble (or be tricked into gambling) "much" to gain "little". To take unreasonable risk for little reward.

As a very basic example, 15 odd years ago my dad had a friend who received a text message saying "Respond to this message to win R20000!! (Text costs R2)".

The friend mentioned it to my dad who said "don't do that you muppet" and the guys response was "well the worst I can do is loose R2, but I could win R20000"

He was unable to grasp the concept of it costing him a definite R2 and there being ZERO chance of him winning anything, because he really wanted the R20000.

Some people are "genuinely conned" and so "Blinded by greed" is a bit harsh and doesn't apply to everyone,  but I'm sure it applies to a pretty big number of the victims......

Hi guys. I googled goodhearted002@gmail.com

This Barry guy also goes by the name of Daniel Williams!

He obviously gets tired of coming up with different stories and just copy and pastes the same email. I'm selling a couch and he wants to buy for his cousin. It was obviously a scam. Where does one report this guy!? He has to be stopped somehow.

Hi guys. I googled goodhearted002@gmail.com

This Barry guy also goes by the name of Daniel Williams!

He obviously gets tired of coming up with different stories and just copy and pastes the same email. I'm selling a couch and he wants to buy for his cousin. It was obviously a scam. Where does one report this guy!? He has to be stopped somehow.

Also got approached by him today. Thanks for the tip. 

If anyone knows how to report this please let me know.

I think a temporary way to stop him would be to report his gmail address to Google, being that he is enough of a nitwit to keep on using the same email!

Here's a link to report his email.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8253?hl=en&visit_id=636735025328228937-3654816574&rd=2

Actually better not to report this. This way if people Google his email they will find this Thread and know it's a scam. If he changes his email then it will be harder to know it's him

I had my gfs MTB up for sale a few weeks back on olx and some guy(had a light Indian accent) calls me looking to buy it because it was his son's birthday on that day. He tells me he can deposit the money and send some Uber guy to collect. I told him sure but as a rule of thumb he would have to collect it the next day as I never sell items on the day of striking the deal and that it would give him the time to get the cash instead of making a deposit. As you can guess I never heard from him again.

If it feels rushed then it's 100% a scam. A serious buyer will always wait a day or two or even longer to get what they want.

This idiot made contact with me last night. Same messages, same email going by the name of Daniel Williams 0746733404. Phone number is off tho.