Scammer - Barry Smith

Stall_Gear

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also tried to buy my bike from me through Neteller saying he is working on a rig off sore and wants to buy the bike for his lucky cousin living in Paul Roux hahaha

He also tried to buy my bike from me through Neteller saying he is working on a rig off sore and wants to buy the bike for his lucky cousin living in Paul Roux hahaha

Yeah, that can be quite painful. 

Is there anything the bank can do to retrieve your money if you have made an EFT payment but have not received the goods?

Asking for a friend?

Is there anything the bank can do to retrieve your money if you have made an EFT payment but have not received the goods?

Yes there is, bank dependent, you have 30 days to request a reversal but for one thing, the account on the other side needs to have the funds. Contact your bank and request the reversal form. The bank of course doesn't do this for free

Asking for a friend?

Asking for myself but nothing to do with the bike hub, I bought some parts for a motorbike from a guy that was recommended by many people.

P.s. we are both with FNB

Edited by Andreas_187

Just got a message from this guy too.. He certainly has a good work ethic

Simple scripting with automation to start with. They poll the classified websites and search for keywords. Automate responses based on this criteria. Only when people start responding do they need to start interacting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a message from him. His name is listed as D.W. on Whatsapp. Gonna hit the report button. Number is 074 673 3404.

post-39356-0-20369300-1539397307_thumb.png

Edited by Engel-a

This scam twatt with all his scams must have a hell of a lot of bikes as there are still idiots falling for this ,,, why does he not offer bikes for sale,,, I wonder how many cousins he does have

Just got a Wa from him now too, it screamed scam even before true caller flagged it as fraudster.

Like really now, what the eff is the logic in sending a WhatsApp to tell me to email you, that is like going ass backwards from ass backwards. That's the level of stupidity that gets you fired from government for Petes sake.

Anyway, emailed him from one of my throw away addresses because you know, screwing with scammers is fun.

Just got a message from him. His name is listed as D.W. on Whatsapp. Gonna hit the report button. Number is 074 673 3404.

Good hearted. LOL.