Difference in cassettes

hagar

Road efforts are usually also less erratic and smoothed out

Then you're not doing it right  :ph34r:

I am more of a Tom Dumoulin than a Julian Allaphillipe, the old Diesel turns efficiently at constant Torque...... :devil:

thanks i am looking to put it on my tacx neo so what i really would like is the durability weight will not come into play

I put 105 on my Neo for the same reason

I used to prefer BASF - the black and silver Chrome ones. And TDK wasn't too bad either :-)

TDK d90 was the go-to.... But TDK gold... That was for special albums

I am more of a Tom Dumoulin than a Julian Allaphillipe, the old Diesel turns efficiently at constant Torque...... :devil:

Fair enough  :lol:

Yip on one chain.  Wear was at about 0.75 when I changed a two weeks ago.  Now I have a jumping/slipping new chain.  Clear sign the cassette has had it.  (Yes indexing is 100%).

Ditch your chain checker and go back to the 12" plus 1/16" ruler.  No ways a chain will outlast a cassette (maybe single speed?)

thanks i am looking to put it on my tacx neo so what i really would like is the durability weight will not come into play

What you need to consider is whether the cassette sprocket set you purchase has the sprockets mounted on an alloy carrier or not. For the Neo a carrier based cassette is best so you don't destroy the freehub of the Neo if it's the EDCO multi spline unit that accepts both shimano spline and campagnolo spline. If it's that unit I'd advise you to get a campagnolo cassette because it carries the load better than the cheap shimano cassettes with the individual sprockets

Damage to that frreebody will result in a world of pain trying to remove the cassette when worn out

Archived