Start to train, light bike or heavier bike?

As many have alluded to since you're starting to train again and not needing that extra 2% to win races it's more important to ride CONSISTENTLY than what bike. If you have more than one bike ride them all, variety is the spice of life after all

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many have alluded to since you're starting to train again and not needing that extra 2% to win races it's more important to ride CONSISTENTLY than what bike. If you have more than one bike ride them all, variety is the spice of life after all

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Marriage advice?

I'm starting to train again after a few months off. I prefer training on a light road bike to gain fitness for Mnt bike, or should I do Heavy Mnt Bike to 'fly on road bike when fit?

Thank you ! This is a great Friday question. Hopefully you've been a very naughty boy and gained a few kilo's drinking beer and eating fatty steak. The weights on you bro! Just go ride!

Awesome feedback???? I'll take a bit from it all so in short

1. Enjoy

2. Enjoy

3. Choose bike for ride

4. Train

5. Train

6. Put on race wheels for competitions

7. Start from 1 again...

It doesn't matter what bike.

What really matters: consistency in training, the time spent in each zone or specificity, and making a bike the choice identical to those you train with.

If you are going to train on one bike and race with another make sure the setup is identical otherwise you end up with knee or other problems.

Guest Ratchet road

Lets just get a set idea of what is heavy and what is light, for both mtb and roads

If the goal is to reach 80% of max heart rate for instance '

does it matter if you do it on A makro bike , paper weight sworks tarmac or wattbike ?

If the goal is to reach 80% of max heart rate for instance '

does it matter if you do it on A makro bike , paper weight sworks tarmac or wattbike ?

maybe its just me ...

As you have a road bike and time?..ride as much as you can(3 or 4 times a week?)..and then use the mtb....both have separate skills that need to be kept both current and active.Eventually you will get bored of one or the other if you use blocks of training but the mtb is great for intensity. Use the road bike for endurance work...as per the mtb pros...it will balance out...And both are fun in their own way...

Something to get you going....am sure you can relate to it !

https://youtu.be/I3fM72HEbCA

I’m at the stage that involves riding passed a pretty lake, with friends. Just not doing the fat bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Bike does not matter much to determine quality of workout, if it did, training on a stationary bike would be even better since it is even heavier!

You will go a bit faster uphill on a light bike, though.

You could include 2x days on which you do running if you start building a base - it works better at building a lean muscle mass than weights for example. Trim it down to 1x run per week closer to your target events

Archived