[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

Velo can I still apply for a job as your lead out man from the car park to the start line ?

As things stand right now, my biggest fear about DC 2018 is getting dropped before we hit the N2. I've got a *bit* of work to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's those Brakpan okes that we're up against (I can't be too harsh on the East Randers, I'm a Benoni boy married to a Brakpan girl).

We're trying to fill the rather large and ominous hole that Magnus left in our team, but I doubt we'll find anyone nearly as talented or as imposing :(

the Sandton bunch wont be happy that they are called from Brakpan okes lol. 

Sure you will come right at the end

the Sandton bunch wont be happy that they are called from Brakpan okes lol. 

Sure you will come right at the end

hehe - calling them Brakpanners would be a compliment. Their behaviour was despicable.

(In fact, I could think of a thousand other things to call them ;) )

Love how the DC thread is pumping in October already!! 

Our mix team has some power houses in it, wouldnt mind a tow into Montagu behind them! :)

Edited by Pure Savage

Love how the DC thread is pumping in October already!! 

Our mix team has some power houses in it, wouldnt mind a tow into Montagu behind them! :)

What are you aiming for? 6 man finish or 12 man finish? We wanna try win or at least get a sub 5 12 man finish.

What are you aiming for? 6 man finish or 12 man finish? We wanna try win or at least get a sub 5 12 man finish.

Pfff 12 over the line? That means you didnt ride hard enough. We will cross the line with 6 riders, in whatever time. If its more then 6 riders I will hang my head in shame. Will also change the name to Pure Average

Edited by Pure Savage

Yoh - I admire anyone that gets 12 people to the line in less than 5 hours.

You've either got to go for the win, or the 12 man option, but I don't think both are going to happen.

Pfff 12 over the line? That means you didnt ride hard enough. We will cross the line with 6 riders, in whatever time. If its more then 6 riders I will hang my head in shame. Will also change the name to Pure Average

The extreme version of this is crossing the line with 5 people. No waiting for the weak!

(We've done this, once missing out on a podium)

Maybe that just means that our entire team is better than your entire team? Maybe that means that all 12 of us are as strong as your strongest 6?  :ph34r:

Yoh - I admire anyone that gets 12 people to the line in less than 5 hours.

You've either got to go for the win, or the 12 man option, but I don't think both are going to happen.

We will finish all 12 guys. No matter how long it takes. But we want to try and have the fastest 12 man finish. That's what I meant about going for the win. But sub 5 would be just as cool.

We will finish all 12 guys. No matter how long it takes. But we want to try and have the fastest 12 man finish. That's what I meant about going for the win. But sub 5 would be just as cool.

I think a couple of teams have gotten this right in the past - I think the Investec guys being the most recent (the sub 5 with 12 riders part).

Good luck, and be sure to wave when you come storming past us!

hehe - calling them Brakpanners would be a compliment. Their behaviour was despicable.

(In fact, I could think of a thousand other things to call them ;) )

they are a bunch of good guys and gals still.

Despicable because they won you guys? lol just teasing

every team aims for different outcomes. What makes the DC and Double 90 so nice

It's all about the team tactics and who to sacrifice and when. For the mix guys it is so important to project and shelter the girls correctly.  

The extreme version of this is crossing the line with 5 people. No waiting for the weak!

(We've done this, once missing out on a podium)

Worth it!! Last year I spoke to a guy that was so gatvol of his team for not packing tubes, food and not training that he rode away. They were going for 8 hours and pushing people out of Swellemdam and they wanted the Milner medal.

He rode till first stop then some one chirped him so he picked up his bike and left the first stop and motored on. Straight through the second and to the finish. Finished an hour before the rest in 8:03 the rest were 9:33. So they didn’t even get the Milner medal. Those stories make the DC for me ????????????