[Event] Coronation Double Century 2018

Mamil

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks

All neutral zones/feeding zones same as last year.  

Speed bump after finish, so be carefull if sprint finish.

Free team photo after event . The one before event you pay for.

Free socks/water bottle/rear rechargeable light

2 bags of ice allowed

and road works on way to Swellendam so allow in your travel time

Edited by Karman de Lange

See if you want to podium you need a CSA license. 

Those that have worked with CSA before, does a day license cover this? 

Or do you need a full R450 racing license? 

You need a racing license.

If your team wants to podium in Men. ladies, mixed, you need to have 6 riders with a CSA Racing license and time is taken at 6th licensed rider over the line.

If your team wants to podium in Men. ladies, mixed, you need to have 6 riders with a CSA Racing license and time is taken at 6th licensed rider over the line.

Seems unlikely as it's not indicated anywhere in the race rules. Where did you guys see this?

Seems unlikely as it's not indicated anywhere in the race rules. Where did you guys see this?

Webinar last night

and 

2.2       All teams competing for podium positions and prize money should note that the regulations of Cycling South Africa and the UCI will apply for the Coronation Double Century. If you are in any doubt on any aspect of these regulations, please contact either Cycling South Africa or your provincial cycling body.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Sorry to harp on the Racing License again.  But is there clarity on this. We have a ladies team gunning for the podium and need to get this sorted

I spoke to the Coronation DC organizers via telephone number on the DC website.  The lady confirmed that you will need a day license only. Said it can be bought on the CSA website

Based on the forum thread, this is inconsistent information.

CSA do not answer their phone.

CSA website does not have the DC as an option under the events for which a day license can be purchased.

Arrrggg

We have sorted our 2 teams out. 

:P

Is it too early to start worrying about the weather and obsessing over our bikes that aren't running perfectly or stressing about the slight sniffle that we picked up ?

#paranoia

I'm more worried about the part in the mail in the "Post-event info" section where they say, "After, put your bike in the "secure bike park" bla bla bla,

I have never and will never be comfi leaving my bike in a "secure bike park" as I always tend to find a post on bikehub post race of bikes being knicked from these very places.

I'm more worried about the part in the mail in the "Post-event info" section where they say, "After, put your bike in the "secure bike park" bla bla bla,

I have never and will never be comfi leaving my bike in a "secure bike park" as I always tend to find a post on bikehub post race of bikes being knicked from these very places.

Actually the bikes are nicked from people who DON'T leave their bikes in the "secure bike park" - far better option imo than putting them on the bike rack while you are still hanging around at the venue

Actually the bikes are nicked from people who DON'T leave their bikes in the "secure bike park" - far better option imo than putting them on the bike rack while you are still hanging around at the venue

Have always left my bike in the bike park at the DC, never had any issues.  Access to the bike park is controlled and the bike removal is also checked.

Unless you put your bike in a car or use a strong padlock, I would not leave my bike on a trailer at these large events.  

Going to be difficult to have lunch after the race while moving around with your bike.

Its a fenced off area with guards. Your bike number has to race the race number on your jersey to get out again. Or they give you a sticker or something. Its proper and trustworthy.

More so than leaving your bike in the car out on the streets.