Football

IceCreamMan

I have not had a chance to watch the whole United game.

I did however see highlights of the Liverpool - Chelsea .. man the scenes afterwards, classy from both sides..

Must agree with this. Both sets of players seemed genuinely excited to have been part of a stunning game

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is if United play like they have been when Juve go visit..Juve will rip them apart[emoji4][emoji4]..

All I know is if United play like they have been when Juve go visit..Juve will rip them apart[emoji4][emoji4]..

We should rip them apart anyway..................

We should rip them apart anyway..................

Hey that new signing.. what's-his-name again, had one hell of a game on Saturday..[emoji6][emoji23]

Hey that new signing.. what's-his-name again, had one hell of a game on Saturday..[emoji6][emoji23]

I see that new signing has some serious rape allegations against him in Der Spiegel, my gut feel is that this one could go very ugly for him. Maybe Real Madrid got lucky with the timing of his move..

One thing about living on the mud island, is that no 3pm game is allowed to be televised in the UK live. Thus we get the 12:30 and 17:30 games but not the 3 pm games. This sucks but i fully understand the logic. MEans i actually watch less football here than i did in ZA when i had DSTV.

Anyway, my beloved saints in for a rough year...Hughes is not the magician and cannot be expected to plaster over the deep cracks that started bout 2 or 3 years ago. A selling club not reinvesting in top class players is problematic. While the south of englands football teams are experiencing somewhat of a resurgence of late Saints are not...needs money, and lots of it.

Well, i hope mourinho hangs about, will be buying tickets to the saints man utd game the minute they become available and hope to get my grubby paws on one for the lad and one for me. will also be going to the saints spurs game when its played. Go with my mate and our sons, then they sit in their conrer as away fans and i sit with the salt of the earth supporters then after go to the pub and have a pint or 3. Football attendance is nothing like it was when i lived here in the 80's , now its sanitised and extremely well monitored. No more hooliganism and no more bull****. perfect for families. The ole bill here implemented strict laws and violence attached to a football match have much more severe penalties attached so the thugs dont do it.

anyway, i digress..... liverpool chelsea, i watched both games and both were great games.

I see that new signing has some serious rape allegations against him in Der Spiegel, my gut feel is that this one could go very ugly for him. Maybe Real Madrid got lucky with the timing of his move..

I saw there was an article out and a civil suit but not criminal case?

Will keep an eye developments..

Edited by Gen

Damn! is this what it's like to be optimistic?

How do I even begin to defend my club and not sound delusional?

Must agree with this. Both sets of players seemed genuinely excited to have been part of a stunning game

And you'd never say that about a game involving Chelsea during the Mourinho/Conte era! Sarri is turning things around quickly over there.

I wonder how long till Abramovic gets tired?

Damn! is this what it's like to be optimistic?

How do I even begin to defend my club and not sound delusional?

Yoh... tough times ahead for United fans..I watched most of their CL game last night..

Ouch.. very fortunate to get a draw.. had Valencia (club not player) been better in front of goal it could have easily been an embarrassing scoreline... also your players look unfit..damn not sure who is in charge of their conditioning but damn maybe if they should start there.. can't have players huffing and puffing before half time...

Meanwhile in Turin... without getting out of 2nd gear.. Dybala hat-trick made it 9 wins from 9.. see you soon United fans[emoji6]

But just enjoy his first goal..the pass..the volley

https://youtu.be/dNgAi-tWxxU

I watched most of the game as well. I think united just need a solid win to boost confidence and open the flood gates. On paper they up there with the best in the world, Mourinho has the credentials, its just a matter of clicking. Hopefully sooner rather than later otherwise mourinho will be gone.

Meanwhile, we crept into the 4th round of caraboa cup with an away win....pah humbug some will say the caraboa cup is of little consequnce and you would probably be right, however its played by the same teams that contest the FA cup and an away win at a premiership side(everton) even on penalties is a confidence booster.

Chelsea on Sunday, heres hoping for a good result. Sadly, wont be going to game as tickets sold out before i wiped the crap outta my eyes.

Spurs vs Barca tonight... I'm not usually fearful of anyone on our 'home' turf, but with a long list of injuries I'm not too optimistic for tonight. Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen all out - I fear we might be a little out played in midfield. Should be a good game regardless though, both teams only really play one way...

One thing about living on the mud island, is that no 3pm game is allowed to be televised in the UK live. Thus we get the 12:30 and 17:30 games but not the 3 pm games.

Is this to give the yobs in the pubs extra drinking and fighting time ?

I watched most of the game as well. I think united just need a solid win to boost confidence and open the flood gates. On paper they up there with the best in the world, Mourinho has the credentials, its just a matter of clicking. Hopefully sooner rather than later otherwise mourinho will be gone.

Floodgates and Mourinho don't go in the same sentence ..

He is poison and will have to be replaced...yes he has some quality players but it doesn't help when a manager' decision making is as bad as Mourinho's .their next few fixtures aren't easy ones either.

IMO at this point Mourinho is just looking for a settlement package.

Edited by Gen

Spurs vs Barca tonight... I'm not usually fearful of anyone on our 'home' turf, but with a long list of injuries I'm not too optimistic for tonight. Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen all out - I fear we might be a little out played in midfield. Should be a good game regardless though, both teams only really play one way...

Barca have had some disappointing results in Spain recently.. their may be an opportunity for a results against them.. an organised side should take advantage of that.