Football

IceCreamMan

Frankly, I’d have chosen Bournemouth over Villa to stay up. But apparently, that’s not how it works...

Eddie Howe comes across as a fantastic person and coach, good luck to him

Me too but I'm consoled by the fact that there is another team with more European cups that the blue mancs still in the division.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably the reason I don't particularly enjoy the Italian league... too lopsided and predictable in the long term. 

This level of dominance is never good for competition. Glad some of the other bigger Italian clubs are making a bit of a comeback, but how long that momentum lasts is anyone's guess. Juve generally just take the better players in the league, strengthening themselves and weakening the opposition... that's pretty much the cycle sadly. Similar in a way with Bayern, PSG too... 

Agreed the Italian league is an absolute joke.  Worse than the scottish and the German.  Whats the point.  9 in a row.  How it got to this is anyones guess.  But at the moment its actually not worth watching and makes the achievements worthless in my eyes.

Brentford Swansea tonight ...brentford are a goal down and everything to play for. 

away goals do not count in the playoffs, if tied at end of 90 minutes (180) extra time and then penalties. 

FA cup final this weekend ...i'll be watching ...looking forward to it. strangely enough

Agreed the Italian league is an absolute joke.  Worse than the scottish and the German.  Whats the point.  9 in a row.  How it got to this is anyones guess.  But at the moment its actually not worth watching and makes the achievements worthless in my eyes.

Any league where winning the league does nothing to reduce the critisism or pressure on the winning coach tells you everything you need to know about the quality of that league.

Not sure what the fix is though? You cannot penalise one team for doing things better than their peers.

FA cup final this weekend ...i'll be watching ...looking forward to it. strangely enough

Wolves will really hate Chelsea we (Arsenal) win as that means Chelsea have cost them Europa spot via loss on final day in the League as well as spot via FA Cup. 

Any league where winning the league does nothing to reduce the critisism or pressure on the winning coach tells you everything you need to know about the quality of that league.

Not sure what the fix is though? You cannot penalise one team for doing things better than their peers.

The best thing the Premiere League ever did, was spread the tv rights money out pretty fairly. It gives even the weakest teams the capital to do something in the league, and hold on to their better players a bit longer or at the very least get a good price for them, which again allows them to grow. It's what creates the competition... no easy games, no resting players for big games, all games are tough.

Half of the top 20 richest clubs in the world are in the Premier league... and I'd imagine the rest who aren't in that top 20, probably aren't too far behind. I don't know if the models have changed much in the other leagues, but last I looked into it, the top teams in the other leagues often got more than the lions share of league revenue, and all that does is keep the status quo

I can’t believe Cheatski actually went and bottled that game... :sigh:

So now Spurs will go into 3rd Round Qualifiers for Europa League, and Wolves will have to win this seasons Europa League to qualify for Europe

Who would have bet Juve to win Serie A by just one point...??

I certainly didn’t see that coming, and so much for those who think Serie A lacks excitement and competitive edge...

I certainly didn’t see that coming, and so much for those who think Serie A lacks excitement and competitive edge...

People who are first to say that just don't watch the league..

It was a good season.. plenty drama ..some magic and plenty emotions.... 2020-2021 starts in like 7 weeks time..????

Anyway.. each to his own.. I am looking forward to next season..

Edited by Gen

Congratulations to Fulham FC on winning playoffs and promotion to EPL... Another London club bringing more Derby Days :thumbs:

Hard luck to Brentford having got sooooo close to promotion #keepgoing

Congratulations to Fulham FC on winning playoffs and promotion to EPL... Another London club bringing more Derby Days :thumbs:

Hard luck to Brentford having got sooooo close to promotion #keepgoing

Great game.... and one must feel for Brentford.... they threw it away in the last 2 league games... 

Another london club but watford gone.

I would have preferred Brentford to win as they play a frenetic game, been watching a lot of their games but the footballing gods determined otherwise. Will watch em next season in the championship.

When  a single team has won the last 9 seasons on the trot one can safely assume their is a lack of competitive edge.  Same applies to Bundesliga and French League im afraid.