Football

IceCreamMan

Ja.. nice one hey.

Yep sounds like the teams put on a good show.

I don't tend to take pre season seriously..more about expanding the brand of the teams and getting some game time..but all good if they entertain the crowds. A chance to get the group together, esp for Sarri implementing a new philosophy with new players and the youngsters always get to go on tour which is great.. we still have players on holiday after the copa and a few getting ready for the season after injuries ..[emoji25]

Always good to see the youngsters on the fringe getting some action... apparently our young Irish striker Parrot looked good and Skipp had a great game in midfield along with a young CB Tanganga. Always a nice bonus if you can pull good players in from the youth setups, especially when you're paying off a shiny new stadium.

Pretty worried about our full back situation... Trippier out and Rose apparently also been given the green light to find a new team. Hopefully Poch has a plan though

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to see the youngsters on the fringe getting some action... apparently our young Irish striker Parrot looked good and Skipp had a great game in midfield along with a young CB Tanganga. Always a nice bonus if you can pull good players in from the youth setups, especially when you're paying off a shiny new stadium.

Pretty worried about our full back situation... Trippier out and Rose apparently also been given the green light to find a new team. Hopefully Poch has a plan though

Yeah I think we have taken 8/9 youth players on tour...so it is awesome

Rose too?

We just need our new signings to get some time with the group and well adjust to a completely different system will take time.

Edited by Gen

Tale of the Tape

Szczesny:

FA Cup: 2013–14, 2014–15

FA Community Shield: 2014

Serie A: 2017–18, 2018–19

Coppa Italia: 2017–18

Supercoppa Italiana: 2018

Harry Kane:

Shame, did that hit a nerve  :w00t: 

Well done Szczsney... some impressive and not so impressive trophies while sitting on the bench 90% of the time.

Poor old Kane will have to make do with being a household name, good enough to start for pretty much any team in the world along with two premiere league golden boots and a world cup one on the sly... World cup semi and Champions League final already and he's barely even hit his prime

Arsenal though is where it is at... just ask your captain who is so desperate to leave or your best player who walked on a free  :thumbup:

Yeah I think we have taken 8/9 youth players on tour...so it is awesome

Rose too?

We just need our new signings to get some time with the group and well adjust to a completely different system will take time.

Rose has been looking for a big pay day for a while... he's a good player, but I sense he's a bit of a problem in the dressing room and in the media. If he goes though, it's another good solid first teamer that needs replacing.

Still some time left in silly season but ideally you would want this sorted out asap esp because as you said he is a starter..

With that I am happy cause our core transfers are done..some may leave and some may still arrive but the main positions have been sorted.

If any more come I suspect it will be close to deadline day, you know to get the best possible deal.[emoji6]

Not at all the same for "when the Arsenal were consistently finishing in the top four". Its been like this since the beginning of time.....

I still remember when Wenger was bashed by Arsenal fans for suggesting Top 4 is as good as a trophy - now the old times they made "Top 4" is the glory days for Arsenal fans... 

Still some time left in silly season but ideally you would want this sorted out asap esp because as you said he is a starter..

With that I am happy cause our core transfers are done..some may leave and some may still arrive but the main positions have been sorted.

If any more come I suspect it will be close to deadline day, you know to get the best possible deal.[emoji6]

Yeah, ideally you want your whole squad together for pre-season... especially with the training regime Poch throws at these guys. Anyone that arrives late usually has a quiet first season and then is adapted by season two... seen it several times.

Our chairman though for some reason loves the late transfers... seems to see value there. 

I believe Sessegnon is the long term replacement for Rose, we're offering 25mil for a player who got relegated and didn't really set the world alight, and Fulham apparently want 45. It will hopefully get over the line soon, but that is a big gap in price to close. And even if we sign him, he's not the ready made article yet. 

Yeah, ideally you want your whole squad together for pre-season... especially with the training regime Poch throws at these guys. Anyone that arrives late usually has a quiet first season and then is adapted by season two... seen it several times.

Our chairman though for some reason loves the late transfers... seems to see value there.

I believe Sessegnon is the long term replacement for Rose, we're offering 25mil for a player who got relegated and didn't really set the world alight, and Fulham apparently want 45. It will hopefully get over the line soon, but that is a big gap in price to close. And even if we sign him, he's not the ready made article yet.

Yeah the transfers are tricky.. it is not so much what the buyer values a player at but what the seller deems the loss to them may be.. that's why Maguire has such a stupid price tag and esp between Eng clubs. I reckon if Tripper had gone to a PL club the price would've been higher.

We still have a month to go before the Serie A season starts, PL a bit sooner.

My take on what I have seen of the friendly yesterday (and I really didn't see too much) is that Sarri's implementation of what he wants will take time but not as much as what I thought. He has only had 7 days with the group that are available to him. What I saw was that the group adjusted in the second half and the build up to Higuain's goal is a indication that the implementation wont take as long as what I thought. Just struggling to find Pjanic's stats I will be interested to see how many touches he had while on the field.

Something I also noticed last week during training is even though they are obviously working on physical conditioning it has been done in high spirit and as opposed to with Allegri where they would not even touch a ball until 2 weeks in to pre season a lot of the fitness etc has been incorporated with the ball. Already a different way of doing things.

Let's hope we are firing in 2 months time.[emoji1696]

Edited by Gen

So there a big rumour here in England that Bale could be going to china for …….. one million pounds a week...

Seriously?

Takes me more years than I care to think about to earn that kind cash and considering the average wage is around 27k per annum here this is mind boggling.

So there a big rumour here in England that Bale could be going to china for …….. one million pounds a week...

Seriously?

Takes me more years than I care to think about to earn that kind cash and considering the average wage is around 27k per annum here this is mind boggling.

Chinese pay silly wages to european footballers which makes it more attractive than the pension they get at the MLS, pretty sure he will still get enough golfing in as well. Are they going to buy him outright or is it part of a loan deal?

That rumour also originated from the mirror so pinch of salt.

Edited by Gen

Chinese pay silly wages to european footballers which makes it more attractive than the pension they get at the MLS, pretty sure he will still get enough golfing in as well. Are they going to buy him outright or is it part of a loan deal?

Right now details are sketchy. Zidane does not like Bale so there could be a kind of subsidised deal.

We wait n see but a Bar a week for playing football is sickening

Right now details are sketchy. Zidane does not like Bale so there could be a kind of subsidised deal.

Yeah but that story originated from The Mirror..you can't always take what they write seriously. No doubt if he is to move to China he will get far too much regardless what the wages actually are.

Look Zidane has made it very clear he must go asap.

Edited by Gen

Great for Bale but not for Madrid? Chinese don't want to pay a transfer fee along with the wages. Even if Zidane doesn't like him it doesn't make financial sense for Madrid to let a player like Bale leave for free

An it’s tax free.

That is more money than some ppl earn their whole lives. It’s obscene

It's definitely good work if you can get it... 

They've had a few players on half a million a week, so it wouldn't surprise me too much.

Not sure Bale want's to go there though... I think he has a point to prove to a few folk in Madrid.