Football

IceCreamMan

Aye aye aye Bafana Bafana.. conceding such a soft goal after doing so well to level it up

Tell you what SA play some lovely one touch football at times...but they struggle against more physical teams, was always going to be tough to repeat the performance against Egypt.

Nigeria very good in midfield..we lost that battle....but we saw at the WC that this young Nigerian team have plenty potential.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the forwards just made it to easy for their defence. No pin point passing. Just pump the ball up for keeper to collect.

Disappointing second goal.

Will still collect bonus though

So it seems Barca will finally be paying Greizmann's buyout clause

And IF most reports are to believed, Juve and Ajax will make things official in the next day or two.

I may die of old age before the deal is eventually done

Meanwhile Neymar is goofing around on a beach in Brazil :eek:

Update

According to the Dutch paper the Telegraaf

Ajax and Juve have reached an agreement..the deal is done [emoji48][emoji48]

Barca have also officially announced Greizmann.

Edited by Gen

And with these words Ramsey made all of us a Juventus fans fall in love.

[emoji981] @aaronramsey: "I will wear the number 8 shirt next season. I wanted it and when it became available I had to take it. I know a great champion like @ClaMarchisio8 wore it and if I can do what he has I will be very proud. I am ready for this big challenge."

#WelcomeAaron

Yoh this is frightening.

Reads like a gangster novel..

Mark Batchelor gunned down.. he was quite the striker back in the day.. not sure which circles he moved in but that's scary stuff.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/just-in-well-known-former-bafana-bafana-player-gunned-down-20190715

To answer the bold bit... he moved in the dodgiest of circles. Live by the sword, die by the sword. 

To answer the bold bit... he moved in the dodgiest of circles. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I have since read that, when you get involved with a certain type then these sorts of things are bound to happen.

De Ligt is going to have a very busy day... medicals this morning..Would think they would do the presentation and press conference as soon as possible so that he can join the group in training before they leave for Asia the weekend.

I laughed though.. 2 hrs before his flight landed I saw a tweet from one of the reputable Italian journos saying his flight would arrive at 10:30pm. There were close on 200 fans at the pvt airfield in Turin, just to see him ride out of the airport in a car with blacked out windows..

And while I was laughing my son said to me.. "you know mom if we lived in Turin, you would also have gone to the airport"..[emoji2957]

We've had a pretty good silly season

Ramsey (midfield)

Rabiot (midfield)

Pellegrini (LB)

Demiral (CB)

Romero (CB who goes back on loan to Genoa for this season)

Buffon (well of course second keeper and I think brought back specifically for his influence in the locker room)

De Ligt..

And if reports are to believed there will be one more signing..one of either Icardi/Chiesa/Zaniolo.. apparently

Looks likely that Perin will go to Benfica for 25m plus a young CB Joao Ferreira (18 years old..he would probably return to Benfica on loan or slot in with our u23 team?)

Of course Spinnazola went to Roma in the swap deal with Pellegrini.

I do think Khedira will be sold or contract terminated. What to do with Higuain though, he seems adamant to stay and earn his place in the squad apparently Mandzukic is linked with a move back to Germany...I will be sad if he leaves...but if Icardi comes we would need to sell 1 forward.... just not convinced that Icardi would be able to do the work Mario did on the field.. Icardi yes great in front of goal but he doesn't do enough in build up play.. so doesn't offer enough IMO.. also the drama oh my flip all his drama.

The PES exclusive deal probably went a long way in paying for De Ligt too.

Edited by Gen

De Ligt is going to have a very busy day... medicals this morning..Would think they would do the presentation and press conference as soon as possible so that he can join the group in training before they leave for Asia the weekend.

I laughed though.. 2 hrs before his flight landed I saw a tweet from one of the reputable Italian journos saying his flight would arrive at 10:30pm. There were close on 200 fans at the pvt airfield in Turin, just to see him ride out of the airport in a car with blacked out windows..

And while I was laughing my son said to me.. "you know mom if we lived in Turin, you would also have gone to the airport"..[emoji2957]

What will happen to Bonucci now?

What will happen to Bonucci now?

No idea...Bonucci just accept that he won't be a regular starter? ..def think we will see De Ligt start with Chiellini most games, to learn and then rotate partners with Bonnuci to rest Chiellini also Chiellini makes everyone better. I do think Chiellini may only have 1 season left[emoji17] he can't play the amount of games he used to, we saw last season how it negatively impacted having him play too many games when he got injured at the most critical part of the year.

Also what about Rugani...Bonucci's return and Allegri's love for Bonucci really did halt his development..not sure how you can improve if you don't play often enough

Think Cuadrado may leave, but if he stays that is also okay.. he can play in midfield and either as LB or RB if need be..Matuidi apparently will stay.. I am happy for that cause it is Matuidi and he works his arse off but also needs a rest every so often.. we are just freaking spoilt for choice.

Dybala will stay.. Sarri has spoken of the importance of him and Douglas Costa as well... and seems he will play as a false 9..yeah I love him there.

I am happy with them moves.. we needed to bring in young defenders..done... we needed to improve our midfield..done... now to manage the squad if we can get everyone happy and not get upset when the don't start we are going to be in a happy place (enter Buffon).

The you have Dani Alves apparently offering himself to Juve .. so I don't know.. it is crazy at the J centre atm [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Anyhow

Bright and early start to the day.

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1151381652649730050?s=09

Edited by Gen

I agree Rugani needs to step in....................and Bernardeschi needs to carry on where he left off, very sad to see Spinazzola leave................we need Italians at Juve !!!

I agree Rugani needs to step in....................and Bernardeschi needs to carry on where he left off, very sad to see Spinazzola leave................we need Italians at Juve !!!

Me too.. but at least it was a swap for another Italian. .. Luca is very good so much promise and at the end it was really just for Financial reasons..both Juve and Roma benefited from that deal.. Roma can't wait for Pellegrini to develop and we needed that 20m to balance the books.

And yes I am very very fond of Bernardeschi .

But I do agree we need more Italians.. the good thing though is we have some very promising Italian youngster that will graduate from the u23 and youth team to first team.. but with this team that means those youngster can develop quietly without pressure and gradually move into the first team.

My dream is still Varratti.. maybe in 2 years time[emoji1696]

Edited by Gen